An excellent medication review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

An excellent medication review

CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
Hi all CARL58 medication review went very well,old epilepsy drug been changed to two new one's,will be monitored by me & district nurse every day over the next few weeks,then blood test to see how much is in his blood,gone is the bigM been changed to 3 different painkillers  more appropriate.but work better combined than bigM,will make him drowsy for a while she wasn't happy with the mental health crisis team.as the referral was for her to be here,at the same time so GP is going to sort that out..she even listened to my mum's input,so I'm off to the chemist, mum's gonna look after him and have a natter,so hopefully these new meds will work alot. better, others have been highered some been left the same take care all jen

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the update Jen. I really hope that there is some improvement for Carl. Why a review was left for so long is not good especially with the big M being prescribed. Your mum and you sound like a very formidable team so maybe the future is a little brighter
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • CARL58
    @CockneyRebel thank you I do hope so, having my mother here is a blessing.the offer to go back to Canada & take CARL58 with me is still on the table,he hasn't got family mum says he has now, I've told here there's no relationship just very good friends, she's happy with that, money's no issue,medical insurance not a problem,just red tape etc but we can get through that,get him stable again and talk more downline,I said he won't want to feel a burden,you keep telling him he won't be a burden.so it's something to seriously consider take care jen
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I have been taking morphine for many years and i must be honest here, if my GP changed my medication  and stopped it completely without first weaning me off it then i'd be very worried.

The last controlled medication i took i had to wean myself off that before starting the morphine. I know it was his GP but i'd be worried and would be getting a 2nd opinion or at least i'd be asking questions. Withdrawal symptoms is another matter. I hope that everything will be ok.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CARL58
    @poppy123456 thank you for your concern sorry I didn't mention in earlier post he is being weand off the morphine,but where to gradually introduce these new painkillers at low dosage daily over a 6 week period & by the time,he's off the morphine he should be on the maximum dosage of these 3 other painkillers,any signs of with drawl to call the surgery take care jen

Brightness