Did not get the award I am entitled too at review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Did not get the award I am entitled too at review

Options
Button24
Button24 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
hi all
Im desperate for help
I’ve been reassessed for pip and awarded the same award as previous award. I have AS, Fibro, degenerate discs amongst other symptoms- I’m poorly
I can barely walk yet they have only awarded 10 points- standard. I need enhanced so I can get a car suitable for an electric wheelchair
I’m so upset and angry and really need help with a MR - I suffer with severe fatigue and pain and I can’t face this. I need some advise and help from people who can help me get the award im entitled too. Thanks 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Options
    Hi @Button24 Do you have a Welfare Rights, CAB or any other advice centre that can help you in your area?
  • Button24
    Options
    Thanks My local advice centre has no appointments for 3 weeks same as CAB. ? so not sure what to do
  • Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    You have a month to register the MR then another month to send in any supporting evidence.
    So book the appointment, make a note to register the MR by the deadline (you can do this over the phone- ensure you tell them you're sending in further evidence) and you still have plenty of time to send in any supporting evidence after that.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Put your request for MR in writng tell them that you will be submitting further evidence and to wait for this before making a decision.Your request must reach them within a month of the date on the  decision letter. It is a good idea to ring check that it has been received a couple of days before the deadline
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Button24
    Options
    Thanks. So can I request a MR say the day before the month ends then have a month to submit further evidence? 
    Its the mobility I’m not happy with. There’s no way I can walk 20-50 metres reliably, repeatedly and to an acceptable standard. I’m in so much pain and fatigue kills me. My illness AS is progressive it’s so unfair 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They will look at the whole award again and not just part of it.

Yes, you can request it anytime before the 1 month deadline. Whether they'll wait for the evidence is a different matter.

It's always better to put your request in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why.

Only 19% of MR decisions change, so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.