PIP stopped without warning — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP stopped without warning

Shogun01
Shogun01 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello I had an ESA medical in support group sent home after20mins told I was kept on 2 weeks later a pip review was sent for assesent I have severe crohns disease endometriosis and a herniated disc in neck have been on standard pip since having crohns and endometriosis but scarily now I have herniated disc also went to get pip in bank today cut off no letter nothing can they do this I thought they had to inform you and give four weeks money also in arrears plz help iam worried sick as in disbelief any advise is welcome thanks 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Shogun01 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened. Will you be contacting them today?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2019

Hello @Shogun01 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry what you are going through.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Please can I advise  speak to CAB about the current situation you are in.

They have benefit expertise and knowledge.

Something to consider.

Please if we can help further . Please ask.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Ring them and ask what's going on. It could just be something simple as a glitch with the Banks.
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • Shogun01
    Hi thank you ! I have had my pip stopped they said a letter was sent got it today iam in shock assessor lied I take food supplements prescribed by doctor due to strictures from my crohns she said I tale nothing its on my repeat all I needed was another two points I have incontince at times she awarded 0 points how can they get away with this iam 500 pound worse off a month now and on my own ! I had MRI results CTS doctors report @ she has ignored it all my herniated disc causes limited use on my right hand said I passed exam I refused to do parts of it plz assist 
  • Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Do you have input from incontinece services and/or use incontinence pads?
    Did you get a copy of the assessment report and, if so, what did it say for managing toilet needs? 
    If you haven't got a copy I would ring up on Monday to request one is sent to you so you can see in full what the assessor said for every descriptor.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put the request in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Only 19% of MR decisions change so expect to have to take it to Tribunal. Appearing in person will give you 71% chance of a decision in your favour. It's a very long process but don't give up.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Shogun01
    Hi yes I need pads at timesy doctor verified this she said I advised had incontinence and said nothing else awarded no points do you think I should do Mr on phone or in writing I hoping as she has lied about my medication as my repeat shows they will change decision what do you think ?
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @Shogun01Thank you for contacting the forum.  I know this is emotional and upsetting for you.

I have been through he same experiences many times.  I do understand. What I would suggest please if you  read.

The previous  post from my friend @poppy123456.  Has every thing you need to do.

Please can I advise something I would recommend you do.  Is to write down everything about MR and appeals on the website. Then you will be able to know  what to do.

Mentioned in writing your MR.. You can get help with this from CAB.  Who may help with anything else you might wish to know.

Please if we can help and advise further please ask.

I know this is a stressful time for you. 

Have you spoken to your Doctors?

After any decision can be useful to speak to them.  Might offer additional support and guidance.

Something to consider.

Please keep in touch.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.