Did not get the award I am entitled too at review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Did not get the award I am entitled too at review

Button24
Button24 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
hi all
Im desperate for help
I’ve been reassessed for pip and awarded the same award as previous award. I have AS, Fibro, degenerate discs amongst other symptoms- I’m poorly
I can barely walk yet they have only awarded 10 points- standard. I need enhanced so I can get a car suitable for an electric wheelchair
I’m so upset and angry and really need help with a MR - I suffer with severe fatigue and pain and I can’t face this. I need some advise and help from people who can help me get the award im entitled too. Thanks 

Comments

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    No one is entitled to any award. You are entitled to make a claim but that is it.
    Only the DWP/a Tribunal can decide on an entitlement to an award.

You will have to demonstrate that you fit the relevant descriptor and evidence it.
    Everyone is different even though they may well have the same condition. Medication, face to face counselling for some would reduce the impact so as to not be awarded anything. For others despite what interventions are put in place nothing would work. You would have to show why you have the impact and not others.

As an example it is commonly accepted that suffering from Angina would /should give rise to problems and symptoms that would match various descriptors. However with the correct treatment/medication most of those problems and symptoms would disappear leading to no PIP award. 

• Button24
    Button24 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I will await their report 
    I have further evidence to submit, I was assessed by a physio and an OT a week after my f2f, and have had a scan again too. Unfortunately my AS hasn’t responded to two drugs used; Anti TNF inhibitors and because my AS is active, this keeps my fibro flaring. My disc disease needs an operation as no interventions are working. That’s why I need to use an electric wheelchair as pain and fatigue are really bad. I am on pain killers which allow me to get up every day but my function is limited. My husband cares for me as I am unable to look after myself. I have involvement from a Professor and Consultant and OT and physio. I am waiting for another OT assessment at home, and a wheelchair assessment. The OT is also looking at my accommodation as it’s not suitable anymore. I get that someone else with my illnesses may be affected differently, however my best friend has fibro, we suffer exactly the same yet she has enhanced for both. Doesn’t make sense.. we will see what their report says. Thanks 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello any additional evidence about your conditions or change of may not be acceptable or even looked at unless it is, was noted awaiting report details. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.