Thespiceman — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Thespiceman

Options
CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
@thespiceman hi I've lost the thread, mum's wonderful with CARL58,I think it's her soft tone,he had a gran- Mal seizure last night she showed me a better way to cope with it & how-to support him better after, she's even cut his hair,now he looks more human, instead of a mop take care jen

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @CARL58 Please do not apologise for this losing the thread.

Just create a new one.

How are you? Jen good to hear from you.

Great to share this. Happy to listen.

Understand he will feel a lot better having a haircut. Also that is reassurance to have some one else there.

Does this help hopeful it will.

Got this website here just on my list of organisations. Us community champions have a list of organisations.

Useful for members.

Have a look anything here to give you an idea of how to cope with Epilepsy and associated symptoms.

https://www.epilepsy.org.uk.

Helpline 0800 800 5050.

Monday to Thursday  8.30 am to 8pm.

Friday 8.30 am to 4.30pm

Saturday 10.00am to 4pm.

Wishing you and him well .

Always in prayers.

Please keep in touch.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • CARL58
    Options
    @thespiceman I'm fine now thanks,now I've done that horrible form.enclosed GPS letter,plus CARL58 history of past events which him made ill etc, I've even written observations & my witness accounts over last few weeks,how this has caused him so much distress, because he's opened up the flashbacks have come,back with a vengeance,there lasting near on an hr,it's what's said throughout how he behaves while this happens,it's alarming to me. I've never seen them so bad.they mentally exhaust him,if he trys closing his eyes,he's having nightmares about it to, it's not good he's that little boy reliving the past,it's alright for psychiatrist to say it runs to deep,give extra Diaz to calm him down, what's the annoying part was he'll have this now to the day he dies,I could have honestly have punched,the psychiatrist myself,no offer extra help reffered back to GP, they won't admit they've left it to long,just dose him up with meds try paper over the cracks.sorry it makes my blood boil take care jen
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @CARL58 Good morning Jen thank you for contacting me.

I am absolutely stunned by this why refer him back to GP. Not good to hear some of these so called psychiatrists have no idea.

I know had this myself. So asked the following charity to intervene.

RETHINK  offer an advocate service to those patients who have no voice. Who have mental health issues.

In my opinion too many like this.

Please have a look on the website.  RETHINK. See if that might help you and Carl.

I continue to be here just let me know. Any thing else I can be doing or helping with.

Hope you take care and are doing OK.

Keep in touch.

Always in prayers.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • CARL58
    Options
    @thespiceman thank you I've just put up a new post for everyone,had to have him see the duty psychiatrist the morning,as the flashbacks wouldn't stop,feel free to read new post.take care jen

Brightness