Advice with Mandatory Reconsideration with PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice with Mandatory Reconsideration with PIP

Options
Artmuzz
Artmuzz Community member Posts: 43 Connected
I failed my PIP assessment and now I have the option for Mandatory Reconsideration before I can appeal. Would I be better to send letters and documents from Support Worker and Therapist to the DWP for the Mandatory Reconsideration or wait until I have appealed?

Also is it possible to file a complaint over the assessor's lies? Because my Support Worker was a witness that I was a nervous wreck at the face to face assessment. Please advise.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Yes, send evidence with the MR request letter. There's only a 19% chance of the MR decision changing but i really don't see any point in waiting to send the evidence, as advised on your other thread.

Concentrate on the MR first, then make your complaint to the health assessment providers later. Don't expect them to do anything though because mostly they don't.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Artmuzz
    Options
    Thanks for the advise.

I am going to get myself a better welfare rights officer because the welfare rights officer I got from my local council was totally hopeless with sending outdated medical evidence to the DWP and she didn't even appear at my appeal. Instead she sent someone else in her place.

I feel that because I am not taking any medication this appeal might go against me again even though I am seeking therapy and got a support worker.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Artmuzz said:
    Thanks for the advise.

I am going to get myself a better welfare rights officer because the welfare rights officer I got from my local council was totally hopeless with sending outdated medical evidence to the DWP and she didn't even appear at my appeal. Instead she sent someone else in her place.

I feel that because I am not taking any medication this appeal might go against me again even though I am seeking therapy and got a support worker.
    Personally I would be extremely thankful that you have a choice of professional welfare rights advisors that also are willing to go to an appeal hearing. Many don't have the option of anyone, they are on there own.
  • Artmuzz
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I phoned my Support Worker and she will write me a letter telling the DWP about my anxiety, depression and panic disorder and how it affects my day to day life. I also got myself a Welfare Rights Officer and have an appointment with him this week. However, even though I am seeking therapy I am not taking any medication which I fear may go against my claims for MR and appeal.
  • pixie61
    pixie61 Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Options
    I complained bed to capita about my assessor & the lies she wrote about my assessment. It didn’t go any good, didn’t even acknowledge my complaint, why? Cos they know about it, the assessors are  told to lie, they don’t care about us as human beings, we’re numbers that’s all. I’m starting my tribunal appeal this Thursday, my local CAB are helping me! Very best of luck to you though x
  • Artmuzz
    edited April 2019
    Options
    pixie61 said:
    I complained bed to capita about my assessor & the lies she wrote about my assessment. It didn’t go any good, didn’t even acknowledge my complaint, why? Cos they know about it, the assessors are  told to lie, they don’t care about us as human beings, we’re numbers that’s all. I’m starting my tribunal appeal this Thursday, my local CAB are helping me! Very best of luck to you though x
    I’m afraid you are right. The PIP assessors at Capita and ATOS don’t care about us as human beings and I am afraid it’s the same (in my opinion) with Tribunals too. The Judge and panel were tearing into me as if a I was at an interrogation and I failed the appeal. That’s why I am so frightened about appealing again.

I hope my Tribunal is a lot better than last time because last time the Judge decided to base his final decision on irrelevant medical info that was outdated and lied about the missing audio recording to cover his back when I asked for statement of reason.

Anyway, best of luck to you too.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.