Can I re claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I re claim

lulubell
lulubell Community member Posts: 22 Connected
Hi everyone, I used to claim esa contribution based but that finished , can I put in a new claim ? 

Comments

• Singing
    Singing Community member Posts: 135 Courageous
    Did they stop it for any reason ? Or it just timed out ? 
  • Singing
    Speak to the Citizens Advice Beaureau
  • Singing
    My pip is under review and if it doesn’t get awarded I will go to a court tribunal - 70/: success rate for that -
  • lulubell
    It was awarded for a year contribution based then run out 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    lulubell said:
    It was awarded for a year contribution based then run out 
    Were you on assessment rate or in the WRAG? and were you claiming New style ESA? or the old contributions based. Both of these are only paid for 365 days unless you're placed into the support group and then it's paid for as long as you remain in the group.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lulubell
    I was on I was in wrag group . Contribution based old style esa 
  • poppy123456
    I'm assuming that you're not entitled to Income related because you live with a partner that works, is that correct? If so, when did your ESA stop? If it was more than 12 weeks ago then you maybe able to claim New style ESA providing you've paid enough NI contributions in the previous 2 tax years and the relevant years for a claim now are April 2016 to March 2018 . If you haven't paid enough during this time then no, you won't be able to reclaim.

If you're unable to reclaim because of lack of NI contributions have you looked at the descriptors for the Support Group? You could put in for a worsening of condition and be re-assessed, providing you kept your claim open for NI credits only.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lulubell
    Yes got partner, esa stopped bout 9 months ago . I’ve not worked in last 3 years. Yes was wondering if I could for worsening condition ! 
  • poppy123456
    As you haven't worked for the past 3 years then you won't qualify for New style ESA because for this you will have needed to have worked in the previous 2 tax years and paid your NI Contributions. I'm afraid you won't be able to re-claim.

Universal credit maybe an option but this will depend on household income. I'd advise putting all of your details into a benefits calculator to see what it says.
  • lulubell

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.