Motability, Blue Badges and disabled motoring
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

blue badges

peterloachpeterloach Member Posts: 1 Listener
I have Parkinson's, but I am still pretty active and can walk. I lost my driving licence due to Parkinson's earlier this year. My problem is that when I am driven to a supermarket often there is insufficient space to open the car door wide enough for me to get in/out especially when I become rigid. But I don't qualify for a "full" blue badge so I cannot use the wider disabled parking bays at shops. I also have problems standing for long periods on buses and trains! 
Is there anything I can do to get a "limited" blue badge?


  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,328 Disability Gamechanger
    @peterloach, Hello and welcome, as a blue badge user myself I have not heard of limited use Blue Badges, you may need to contact your local council who issue badges and plead your case for the need of a blue badge. Good luck and keep us updated.
  • April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 2,869 Member
    Blue badges are issued by the local council. Contact your local council tomorrow morning to discuss how you can apply for one. My son’s amazing social worker was the only person who answered my questions and helped me out with the paperwork to get one. Best of luck and please keep us updated. 
Sign in or join us to comment.