@sam_scope — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

@sam_scope

CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
@Sam_Scope hi Sam a friend on mine had her pip granted,she had lack of medical evidence,due to being referred back to her GP, they didn't even bother contacting her GP, when she rang DWP for peace of mind,she was told there was enough evidence on the form,that there was no improvement in her wellbeing since her last review where she got DLA indefinitely, so she's either been very lucky,or they've looked at her old DLA claim made a paper assessment, comparing them,I wasn't aware they could do that,take care jen

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    That's good news, thanks for sharing this, I'm currently waiting for my pip review decision and I had lack of a evidence as well. I was awarded in 2014 with little evidence. 
  • CARL58
    @WF2k good luck it's dispicable how this country, treat's it's sick, CARL58 was just dumped I've had to fight in his corner for everything, he's been ill 20yrs and declining every year,has complex needs, he'll never get better, there's no magic cure.ive known him 10yrs everyday is a struggle,gets me what's a good day,there isn't one every day is the same.take care jen
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Thanks Jen, I hope you manage to help Carl with his PIP.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi Jen, Sam is taking a short break from the community while she undergoes surgery.

That's great news about your friend though! Sometimes they can do paper-based assessments based purely on the information and evidence they have. 

How are you doing with @CARL58's PIP application? He's very lucky to have a friends as supportive as you. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • CARL58
    Adrian_scope hi Adrian finished pip form, photo copied,posted yesterday registered post, I'm very concerned though CARL58 has outbursts of verbal & aggression,which he has absolutely no control,he's not even aware he's doing it,it's to do with past events, I'll not go into detail,but I've had to add it in on the form but on a separate sheet I've gone into great detail why, doing that form caused a lot of issues mentally,so I finished it strangers frighten him so bad sets off flashbacks,extra support he really needs he can't engage with & they don't have the time so he gets to know them,sorry it's so long winded,if you see  Sam give him our regards jen
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi Jen, I'm glad you got it all sorted and posted off, the forms can be quite tough. It sounds like you've put a lot of thought into it and done everything you can for @CARL58 so it's in the assessors hands now. 

I'll definitely pass on your wishes if I speak with Sam, we also have a thread here if you'd like to send her your thoughts. Bon Voyage to Sam, take care and get well really soon. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • CARL58
    Adrian_scope hi what's annoying for someone like Carl58, wouldn't stand a chance filling it in if he were on his own,he doesn't have a mobile or telephone so he can't call for help,has careline but that's for emergency,he can't even open his own front door,one he can't get to it,two for fear of attack.the past is so inbeded,even the psychiatrist can't help,been left to long only thing is Meds,paper over the cracks keep him quiet,sorry for going on it's so frustrating,no door opens referrals get knocked back answer, always it's to complicated,take care jen

Brightness