Esa assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa assessment

weetracyc
weetracyc Community member Posts: 21 Connected
hi I’m on enhanced mobility and standard care for pip received a letter for a home visit for esa assessment I don’t understand why as I passed medical for pip what can I expect will they know I’m on pip or do I say thanks

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    They know about pip esa is harder to pass they don’t count pip assessment not many peaple passed esa assessment give it your best shot good luck 
  • weetracyc
    Thanks for replying i already have 15 points for mobility part and that’s the same points there looking for in esa assessment is it not worth while me mentioning it then? I can’t believe I’ve to perform like a dancing seal again 7 months after getting pip thanks again 
  • Dotty123
    I got 15 points on pip but same illness got o points on esa assessment yet same thing not easy thing esa iv just done mr waiting for tribunal 
  • Dotty123
    Types pip just wrote said no change  I had esa stopped feb just got reduced back till tribunal 
  • weetracyc
    Disgusting isn’t it has your esa stopped then? I’m worried about universal credits and being homeless my landlady will not wait weeks for a rent payment my nerve endings are damaged due to chemo shaky on my feet can hardly put one leg in front of the other thanks for replying I’m up to high doe 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

PIP and ESA are totally different benefits and being awarded PIP doesn't automatically mean you have a limited capability for work, which is what ESA is about. People claim PIP an work.

You can certainly mention, or even give the a copy of the PIP assessment report or decision letter to the HCP during the assessment, if they accept it from you on the day. Sometimes they will refuse to accept extra evidence on the day of the assessment, especially if it's a home assessment. You could also send that evidence to the health assessment providers before the assessment.

Lots of people are successfully placed into the support group without any problems at all but we rarely hear the good stories.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    My esa stopped feb I went council told them no income they take pip into account weekly then they pay rent it takes few weeks but they back date it they give you food bank but nothing for gas electric you don’t get down with this I’m feeling Grt handling it I now till tribunal get £73 week now got tribunal letter and sick note I get the £73 backdated to feb so it’s long slog but fight it x
  • weetracyc
    Hi thank you I’ve been left with bladder problems now and without going into it have been left embarrassed by accidents my normal doctor cancer consultant backed me up for a home visit do you think I should post the pip award evidence to them? It says on 3 separate pages in block capitals fact I am entitled to esa thanks for replying 
  • weetracyc
    Thank you dotty 123 I’m at the end of my tether here I’m going to sit and worry til the 14th May then after it’s done recently lost my wee brother to suicide there in Dec a day before my birthday because of his money problems now he’s not here he’s all I had can’t take much more but will fight it thank you 
  • Dotty123
    Please fight it I didn’t think I could but I have take each day as it comes I’m here if you need chat scope has helped me lot just come on here chat don’t sit in thinking does head in library council cab are good listeners 
  • weetracyc
    Thank you so much I’m going too and I’ve just found out it’s a male doctor assessing me so got to talk about blood clots brachytherapy etc and all the gore that comes along with having had cervical cancer I doubt I will pass it anyway there really not in the business of passing us are they thanks for replying 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Here's the Support Group descriptors. To be placed into this group the following must apply. LCWRA is Support Group.
    • at least one of the LCWRA descriptors applies to you for the majority of the time or on the majority of the occasions that you try to carry out the activity;
    • your capability for work and work-related activity is limited; and
    • it is not reasonable for you to carry out the activity.

If none of those apply to you then they will look at reg 35 explained here. http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/making-exception

For WRAG the descriptors are here. You need to score at least 15 points for this group BUT if your ESA claim started after April 2017 then you won't receive any extra money if placed into this group.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • weetracyc
    Thank you I was on esa before that year (support group) I’m down on pip (I know different benefits) for substantial weakness numbness in hands and feet wrists very weak I don’t know how it will pan out i spoke with the folk that’s coming for the assessment and he says it’s a male that’s coming ( just great as I need to go through all the gore that comes with having had cervical cancer) I can show him pip paperwork on arrival my cancer consultant states I’ll never be fit for work as my side affects of chemo radiotherapy chemo/radiation are lasting so long they’ll never go now I’m at the end of my tether thank you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.