I have been given conflicting advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have been given conflicting advice

Options
dede1970
dede1970 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi iv been given conflicting advice... I was on esa lwc with sdp due another assessment.. I had to claim uc in March 18 due to a move... I lost my sdp but they put me on lwc on uc straight away but said I’m due a assessment was still handing in fit notes every 6 month... I didn’t have paperwork until August 18 had assessment on sept 18 .. was put into Lwcra in dec.18... I didn’t get back pay and my argument was that I was supposed to be assessed in may18 when due.. and had to wait till dec 18 for extra money until their decision maker put me on Lwcra .. is this right I don’t get it backdated from 14th week I handed in fit notes.. as it stand the decision maker can take all time in the world to decide and you loose money waiting

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dede1970 welcome to the community! Hopefully some of our community members will be in contact soon to advise. Let us know if you have any further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,254 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Unfortunately, this is correct. You were previously claiming LCW for ESA and when you transferred to UC your LCW award was honoured, which is correct. Not sure why you were sending in fit/sick notes but they weren't needed because you already had LCW.

Eventually you were re-assessed because it was a review. You will receive the extra LCWRA element from the date of the decision.

It would be exactly the same if you were still claiming ESA, eventually you would have been re-assessed if the decision was LCWRA then you would have been paid the extra amount from the date of the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.