Great news — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Great news

Options
Zenkoblue
Zenkoblue Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
Hi all

thought I started a new thread about all stuff that happen.
Well nothing at all my assessment been cancel altogether wow what a shock that letter was today my mams over the moon now we got get her hospital on 17th.

so doctors letters do work guess I got see what happen next year I bet good luck all with esa and pip assessment.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Great news that you don't have to attend a face to face assessment. This means that they are doing a paper based assessment but you will still need to wait for a decision to made.

Paper based assessments for ESA mean you can't be found fit for work but you can be placed into either of the groups. Waiting times for decisions vary depending on backlog in your area and how long it takes them to return the assessment report to DWP. Once it's been returned you can request a copy to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too long for the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Zenkoblue thank you for letting us know, this is really good to hear. Please keep us updated, all the best :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Great news you don't have to have a face to face @Zenkoblue!

Keep in touch and let us know what the decision is when you receive your award letter. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Zenkoblue
    Options
    Thank you all great news ahh. So they be looking at all my paperwork let hope I stay in support group fingers crossed ? 
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    Hi guys
    I too have have a letter saying appointmet cancelled,Great news zenkoblue hope alls well with your mum,,I don't know what happens next. thanks poppy
    for that info,my friend rang yesterday they told her that my case has been sent back to dwp.do you know when to ask for report now and what I have to ask for please is it a mt54 report.this is a great site for people in need of help and support.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you have a paper based assessment it's the ESA85a you need to request. If you have a face to face assessment it's the ESA85. For both of these you ring DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    Thank you so much poppy your very well informed 
  • benjamintolmer
    benjamintolmer Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    That's really good news :)
    and also thanks for the information  B)  @poppy123456
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome, anytime :)
  • Zenkoblue
    Options
    Wow great news dixiegirl looks like we both been lucky heh just wait see what happens now
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This is great news! It’s always good to read positive stories of people’s experiences with the system of benefits here. Seriously. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.