PIP assessment rework timescale — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment rework timescale

AhhBisto
AhhBisto Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello,

So it's been over 5 weeks since my partners assessment was picked up in audit to be reworked.

Judging by the report I have, it was because it didn't meet criteria 4. "comprehensive, clearly explaining the medical issues raised, fully clarifying any contradictions in evidence".

I know a few people this month have had delays to audits (DWP cracking down maybe?) How long have people been waiting for the rework?

There's nothing they can tell me about her challenging the rework order with her SPOC, they've been waiting for it since the 28th of March, and in the end it's the DWP who decides it needs a rework. The DWP have no communication from Capita at all, they even called them on my behalf to see what is taking the assessor so long.

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Can you email or call them again? After I sent off the paperwork I sent emails to check on the progress of my claim. Finally I got a text message from them to say that they had decided. The assessment report came in the mail the next day. Keep chasing up. Don’t stop. 
  • AhhBisto
    Can you email or call them again? After I sent off the paperwork I sent emails to check on the progress of my claim. Finally I got a text message from them to say that they had decided. The assessment report came in the mail the next day. Keep chasing up. Don’t stop. 
    I have even put in a written complaint with capita. All I can think is that theyre going to arrange a new appointment which they can but supposed to take other measures first. Her assessment was of shocking quality, she contradicted her self several times.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @AhhBisto, have you had any update on this at all?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • AhhBisto
    Hi @AhhBisto, have you had any update on this at all?
    I have, the assessor has only looked at it on the 25th, it was audited because it had contradicting evidence.

The assessor still hasn't done anything yet and I should get a further update today.

So basically it took the assessor a month just to look at the rework 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    How frustrating! I'm sorry you're still waiting. Hopefully you've received a positive update today?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • AhhBisto
    How frustrating! I'm sorry you're still waiting. Hopefully you've received a positive update today?
    The update today was that the "Senior" Health Assessor was still working on finalising the "very detailed" assessment, and I should call back next week. It is obviously really difficult to enforce a decision that someone who needs 24/7 care with a life limiting disease that has been genetically proven can care for themselves without any help...

I have been recording every call with them, and the DWP so that hopefully it can be used in evidence at how poor people are treated by these private firms. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.