My Year On ESA Is Ending Next Month — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My Year On ESA Is Ending Next Month

kevin52
kevin52 Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
Hi ,
My ESA Is Up On The 10th Of May , I Have Still Had No Letter For Another Medical Yet.
Is there Some Sort Of Backlog In Scotland ?
I Am In The Support Group Under The Substantial Risk Condition.

Kevin ....

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,344 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The time they give you when you're placed into a group is just a guide and nothing more. For ESA you can be re-assessed anytime from 3 months. Some people go over their guide time and others are assessed earlier than this. ESA is ongoing as long as you remain in the group. Your money will continue regardless of the time.

You will eventually be sent another ESA50 work capability assessment form. When you receive this, the process starts all over again and you'll need to fill it in, return it with all your evidence and then you'll most likely be sent for another assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kevin52
    Cheers Poppy :) ,
    Just The Waiting Daily For that **** Letter to Pop In The Door , Dreading It .
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Brown envelope syndrome aargh!
  • poppy123456
    For ESA it's not a brown envelope, it's white. This is because work capability assessment forms come straight from the health assessment providers and not DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Toejam
    Toejam Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    There must be a backlog in Scotland. I'm still waiting to hear back from them after sending my ESA50 reassessment back in January. Rang them up and said they only received it in March and were still trying to Make a decision. I honestly thought I would have received a letter about going for a medical or something by now :neutral:
  • Toejam
    Toejam Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    For ESA it's not a brown envelope, it's white. This is because work capability assessment forms come straight from the health assessment providers and not DWP.
    Yeah now I'm terrified of white and brown envelopes lol
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Ok lol white envelope syndrome, I hate mail lol
  • poppy123456
    lol i hate mail too but the ESA is the worst one. I remember the last one i received last year, i really wasn't expecting it and felt really sick when i opened it and seen what it was. Totally forgot at the time that it's white envelopes for ESA :#
  • kevin52
    5th Of May , Still Nothing From them , I Know they Moved the DWP Office in Glasgow .
    Maybe They Have Lost Me :)
  • poppy123456
    We all wish for that to happen lol. ESA doesn't end and the time they give you is just a guide and they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.
  • kevin52
    ? 6 p.m. . Text from U C  message to read . UC35 form to fill in ? Is this not a year to late ? What's the point of filling this in ? Please explain what good it will do me , it won't stop me seeing the shitee in Glasgow will it . 

• poppy123456
    UC35? I thought you were claiming ESA in the Support group?

The UC35 is a letter explaining the process where DWP decide whether you have limited capability for work.

UC50 is the work capability assessment form when claiming UC limited capability for work.

When claiming ESA it's the ESA50 form (work capability assessment form)
  • kevin52
    Yeah I am claiming esa in the support group , just over a year now that's why I find it very strange being asked tonight to fill a UC35 form in , very strange .?????????
  • kevin52
  • kevin52
    Think it might be just a letter to read . ? UC is asking me to read it . 

• poppy123456
    Yes, it's a letter explaining the work capability assessment process for UC. As you don't claim this then ignore it...... silly people..DWP that is lol
  • scotschick7
    scotschick7 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    I think there is a back log as I know a fair few people within that area who have been waiting a while. on the other hand I got a f2f with 2 1/2 week notice was due to be up today but it ended up cancelled. I had to complete 2 forms as they lost the first but sent me an app before they said it was on their system. I know errors are made but i hve never had this many with previous times. Hopefully yours is s straightforward as can be when the time comes!
  • kevin52
    Hi Chick ! LoL ,
    Sending My Form Back tomorrow Recorded , So My Medical will Be coming up Soon .
    Dreding It , I Am going Like A Tramp This time As His Snide Comments From Last time ! What s It got to Do With Them How I Dress ! I Have Also Asked for It to Be Recorded Too , due To The Lies From Last time . Either Way My Phone will Be on Record Before It Kicks Off , I Am Taking No Chances This Time .
    Kevin .... :)
  • kevin52
    Forgot Again  LoL ,
    I Was told I Should Also Be Getting PiP As I Cant Use Public Transport Or Mix With The Public . So I Wonder If I Should Kick A Claim Of For It Now ? anyone clued Up If I Can Start This The Now ?
    Kevin .... :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @kevin52, PIP is a different benefit to ESA and isn't reliant on having ESA so if you think you meet the descriptors for it, you can apply for it at any time. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.