my son has finally been diagnosed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

my son has finally been diagnosed

beckie80
beckie80 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi my son is age 5 and has finally been given the diagnosis of adhd and autism (label's,  i know ), i myself am struggling with long term health conditions and each hour i differ from either major pain or a severe hypo , have the fantastic support from my parent's,  my mum is also my carer , but do feel so very alone and always feel or think I'm doing something wrong , my boy can be happy one second to screaming the next , afraid as something is different etc does not do change well, but every day is an adventure , have to make everything a game or he wont do it or looses interest , school have had some funding so he has a one on one teacher assistant but have applied for more funding , this whole school term has been a negative one on there side especially after loosing his first teacher who sadly left and the new one always puts him down and doesn't make me feel very good as she's made it clear on numerous occasions she doesn't see a great outcome for him going up in the next year , sod her as i / we believe in him and has been doing amazing , finally overcome the potty training and night time bed pants , now it's just the number two's,  he's a sensitive little being and has so much love to give,  love to all , i look forward to reading all and learning new ways of coping and support for the both of us ???❣ :#

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @beckie80 Pleased to met you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join.

Your not alone. We have plenty of information and advice.  Please have a look at our website.

Please ask if we can help with anything. Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @beckie80 thank you for sharing this with us. How are you doing today? I am sorry to hear this, no one should put him down. That's awesome to hear :) 

Scope have recently launched a new service called Navigate. Navigate provides support to parents who have children under the age of 18 who have been diagnosed with an impairment in the past 12 months or are on the pathway to diagnosis.  This is a free 6 week service where you have a personal adviser to support you and give practical guidance and emotional support. If you think this may be right for you, you can find out more here or phone us on 0808 801 0510.
  • Beverley_Scope
    Beverley_Scope Scope Posts: 84 Pioneering
    Hi @beckie80

Welcome to the community.  My name is Beverley and I am one of the parent advisors for Navigate, Scopes new service..

It's great to hear that you are so positive and although you feel school is a little negative at least they have put some things in place.

Keep your conversations going with the school SENCO as a good relationship with the school is so important.  If they are concerned with how he will cope with school next year, have they given you any advice or options for him?  It would be good to speak to them to  sort it as soon as possible with only a term to go till the summer holidays.

Hope  you can get it sorted.  If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Beverley
    Beverley Davies
    Parent Advisor
    Navigate

Brightness