Tribunal June 2019 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal June 2019

Options
donna63031
donna63031 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Please can I have advice
In November 2017 I put a claim in for pip.
I was awarded 6 points so I appealed against DWP .
In October  2018 I put a new pip claim in due to my health deteriating.  I was awarded this claim in February 2019. I now am receiving this monthly and my award is rill 2020 July. 
I now have received a tribunal date for my first application for pip 2017 on the 25th of June 2019. If the judge agrees that I should of got it on my first application to pip. Will I get it backdated for that year.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I believe it will only be backdated to the day before you made a new claim. Did you contact HMCTS to tell them you made a new claim?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • donna63031
    Options
    Hi
    Yes I contacted them this morning. 
    They said the tribunal case is for my first application. 
    Is it worth me going
  • donna63031
    Options
    Poppy123456
    So that would be from Nov 17 to Oct 2018 backdated for the first pip application 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You have nothing to lose by going to the Tribunal as you've waited all this time. Do be aware that they will only take into consideration what your condition was like at the time the decision was made with that claim, not the 2nd claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • donna63031
    Options
    Thankyou for your reply
    I don't want it to cause any issues with my 2nd claim that I am receiving till July 2020 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your new claim won't be affected because that was a new claim. The Tribunal is for your first claim.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.