Work Part Time so I can have more time for me?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work Part Time so I can have more time for me??

m19hlp
m19hlp Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited May 2019 in Work and employment
So I completed a weeks residential physiotherapy at the hospital, this was great for my confidence but I have to go back to work tomorrow which I am.already finding overwhelming and exhausting. I wonder whether the time has come to consider going part time so I can concentrate on my body and mind instead of just living to work and sleep. ??

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @m19hlp I am sorry to hear this, how are you doing today? 

You may want to have a read through our page on reasonable adjustments and maybe speak to someone from HR?
  • melaniethorley
    melaniethorley Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    hello @M19hlp and welcome to the community. I work 3 days a week as a result of clinical depression and fibromyalgia - both of which I have had over 30 years. Working part-time is ideal. I can be an active contributor to society (through my work and taxes/NI) but also maintain a life/work balance. I would recommend going part-time if it is feasible in your role, and you can manage the lower pay.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @m19hlp and a warm welcome to the community! It can be extremely challenging to manage your health and work at the same time. I know I can relate to this one! Is there anything that could be done to make your work more manageable? Access to work could help with reasonable adjustment. It also may be worth looking into flexible working which could allow you to better manage your health. Please do let me know if you have any questions :)
    Scope

• m19hlp
    m19hlp Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thank you for tour message, I have actually just been speakongnwith Access to Work, they are arranging a work place assessment. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @m19hlp, That's really good! I hope this goes well for you and please keep us updated :)
    Scope

Brightness