Updates about High Court ruling — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Updates about High Court ruling

AnxiousMoose7
AnxiousMoose7 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hello everyone. All my best.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello @AnxiousMoose7, welcome to the community! My name's Adrian and I'm one of the community officers here. Would you like to tell us a little bit about yourself?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • AnxiousMoose7
    hello @Adrian_Scope, thank you for the welcome. I suffer with mental health issues and have done for 12 years and counting.

I was wondering if anyone had been updated about the High court ruling in regards to the mobility aspect and mental health? Or if people are starting to get the mobility aspect after being automatically reviewed by the DWP? 

thank you.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,363 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

DWP are in the process of looking at all decisions that were made on or after 28th November 2016. If this is you then you don't need to do anything, DWP will eventually contact you with a decision. There's no timescales to how long this will take.

I received my letter with a decision for this a few months ago. I haven't read any stories as yet, whether anyone has had their mobility award increased because of the changes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AnxiousMoose7
    Hey @poppy123456 thank you for letting me know. 

I was awarded pip in 2017 and got the higher rate of daily living but was a point or so from mobility because it was impossible for someone with mental health to get the points. 
    I hope you don't mind me asking, when did you first claim? I wonder are they going through the process alphabetically or sequentially? And were you getting any mobility access before that? Feel free not to answer, it's just this whole process is giving me a great deal of stress. 

Thank you
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,363 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't claim for mental health reasons so the changes don't apply to me. I also already claim the Enhanced mobility and have done since November 2017 but they're looking at everyone's claim after the date stated above.

You must have been 2 points short of Enhanced mobility because you can't score 11 points. Did you score points for D or E? The rule changes mean it's even harder to score points for following and planning a journey for mental health.

@ilovecats is a former assessor and will be able to explain it to you better than i can. I'm sure when they see this they won't mind giving you some advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AnxiousMoose7
    @poppy123456 Thank you. 
    I can't fully remember which ones I scored for but when we were reading about the scores, I would tick for the 12 point category if they looked at it fairly. I must have not had as many points as I thought as I didn't get any mobility awarded to me. But I'm certain I would be eligible. 
    thank you for your help! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.