How do I get a free disability bus pass? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do I get a free disability bus pass?

Daljit7277
Daljit7277 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi,good morning,
Im on uc claiming sick note venifit,my health assessment interview has  been done n told  i will recive letter in two weeks time .
My question to you is,how can get free disablty bus pass and how to get wheel chair coz im tottaly yunable to walk n stand .plz guide me how to who to ask for disablety mobilty .
Tnx sir

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    The disabled bus pass is for people with a long term disability not like a broken leg which will mend.
    If you are long term disabled your hospital will help you with transport costs.
    You havnt given your age. But if your a pensioner you will get help with oap bus pass anywhere in your area of Britain.
    You havnt said which area you live in but where you would buy a normal travel card from would have a phone number for your area office
    The more info you give the better answer you get
  • davet
    davet Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
    this type of bus pass is issued by your local council who set their own understanding of disabled, I live in the east riding of yorkshire and it would appear that you need to be dead or have no legs to qualify, check yourcouncil web site the info should be on there
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    I got a bus pass from my council because I'm on an opioid and don't feel safe to drive. My GP wrote them a note about it.

Brightness