I have been waiting 5 weeks for a decision, is this normal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have been waiting 5 weeks for a decision, is this normal?

Rachlilymalachymason
Rachlilymalachymason Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been waiting  5 weeks this week for a descion is this normal n I been told no news is good news!! 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @Rachililymalachymason Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Thank you for your question. Decisions on PIP or ESA or appeals can take vary lengths of time.

Please can I add . Waiting for any decision can be stressful. Many of our community have been through similar.

We are here to support you .

Please if we can help with anything.  Some one will know from our team of a member of our community.

Please get in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rachililmalachymason

Good Morning it’s great to meet you today.

I am also a Community Champion here at Scope.

We have got some info & advice on Benefit’s.

Can you please let me know if this will be helpful for you?????

@steve51
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2019
    Hi @Rachlilymalachymason, great to have you here! Which benefit are you waiting on? Waiting times do differ significantly but it tends to be 6-8 weeks, yet this will depend on your area. It is possible to ring up and request a copy of the report, this should give you an idea of what award you may get as it outlines each section. We understand this is a stressful time and wish you the very best of luck! Please do let me know if there is anything else we can help with and please let us know :)
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Some people are being told 8 - 12 weeks in some areas.
  • AhhBisto
    AhhBisto Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Yep, going on 8 weeks+ here soon due to an audit was told by capita a lot more reports recently are being sent back for reworks.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    A report being sent to audit can significantly delay to decision times.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.