Denied ESA home visit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Denied ESA home visit

mel24
mel24 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi all, been denied a home visit for esa but just had one several weeks ago for pip and got maximum points for mobility, any help would be much appreciated, i have rang dwp and they have said send in futher medical evidence which i did but still denied home visit!!!  date for assessment is monday 13th may 2019 at local center

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mel24

Welcome to our online community/family?

I’m one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Both Esa & Pip are completely different benefits!!!!

“Esa” is a Benefit if you can’t “Work”.

“Pip” is more about how your “Condition  Effect’s” you on a daily basis.

We have got some good info on here with regards to “Benefits”

There is also many “Members” who have been through the same situations.

Please please let me know how you feel??

@steve51
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

DWP don't arrange the assessments, it's the health assessment providers that do this. A letter from your GP may help but if you attend other appointments then this can go against you because they will say, if you can attend other appointments you can attend the assessment centre.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Capita in regards to PIP assessments seem more open to them, my Son asked for one for me and they were totally fine, didn't ask me for a letter or anything but when I wanted an home assessment for ESA we had to get a letter from the GP which you send to the assessment company, not to the DWP.

As Poppy pointed out they may not allow you to have an home assessment if you manage to attend other appointments.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.