Pip report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip report

brad72
brad72 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
Hi all, just looking for some advice, i have uncontrolled epilepsy and suffer from depression, i recantly had my assessment for my change over from dla to pip which took place in my home. I also recently asked for a copy of the health professionals report which when i read it was really surprised to see that she put everything down that we talked about in the assessment, but i did record it so that might of helped. Anyway looking at what descriptors she has ticked and then finding out what they scored from the benefits and work website it looks like i scored enhanced for daily living and enhanced for mobility will the decision marker go with this or could it be completely ingored and they come to there decision. Many thanks

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you got a copy of the assessment report or not? 
  • brad72
    Yes i received it in the post this morning.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Mostly they go with the report, it's very rare for them to go against it. You will have to wait for a decision of course. Once a decision is made your DLA will end 4 weeks later and your PIP will start 3 weeks after that. If your PIP award is higher than your DLA award then you won't receive any backdated money.

Good to hear that the report was honest... it can and does happen! Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2019
    Read the report carefully and highlight all inaccuracies in the report. It sounds like they were honest but it’s always a good idea to check. 
  • Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    They usually go with the report
  • brad72
    Also the assesser has put reveiw in 2 years so that means will only get a years pip, is that correct.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    brad72 said:
    Also the assesser has put reveiw in 2 years so that means will only get a years pip, is that correct.
    No, it means a 3 year award with review in 2 years.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • brad72
    Ok thanks for all your help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.