Does the payment and backpayment come together? (PIP) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does the payment and backpayment come together? (PIP)

Paradigm
Paradigm Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
The backpay arrived 12 weeks and two days from my phone call. 

I've been trying to guess at my award - except its dependent on whether the 4 week sum and backpay come together or separately.

I am extremely impressed and relieved considering 7 weeks of that was before they recieved the form.

If I had known it would be so easy, I wouldn't have dailled after my DLA was unexpectedly cut off.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    It should be all explained in your notification letter of your award , read it carefully as they say what payments amounts and what they are for and when your regular payments start.
  • Paradigm
    wilko said:
    It should be all explained in your notification letter of your award , read it carefully as they say what payments amounts and what they are for and when your regular payments start.
    Hi Wilko, 

The letter hasn't arrived yet so I was trying to guestimate out of curiousity.

I guess it should be with me soon enough.

Thank you for your reply.
  • Paradigm
    It seems I spoke too soon. The letters were dropped on my doormat today.

I got enhanced care. The money was only backpay.

I got a 5 year award, but the nurse advised only 2.

I had trouble getting an important letter showing my cognitive impairments and so was docked loads of points, only scoring a maximum of two points on 6 activities.

Nor did I get a mobility award as it came down to overwhelming psychological distress. I don't think it is worth going to MR though.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.