Pip for my son — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip for my son

gill51
gill51 Community member Posts: 17 Listener

Hi I have applied for pip for my 16 year old son who has sever depression with psychosis, agoraphobia, anxiety separation disorder , self harm, suicidal thoughts. Also suffers from asthma but is controlled by inhalers and a peanut allergy which we have an epipen.I have home treatment team visit every day . Doctor comes out to see him and take blood tests, he's on medication for anaemia and reflux. Early intervention team are working with him and are sorting CBT for him. He also has a care worker allocated and a mental health nurse. I filled his pip form out and sent it back to dwp after 2 week I rang to see if the forms had been received and was told that they had received them and had been with dm for a week and was doing the  claim on a paper based decision. Does anyone have any idea why he hasn't been called for a f2f or assessment.  I didn't send any medical evidence with my claim just the names addresses and phone numbers of people working with him. Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Are you sure that the assessment report has been returned to DWP? That does seem rather quick. If you put enough of information on the form and they contacted some people for further information then it's possible to have a paper based assessment but it's very rare.

If the report has been returned to DWP then you can request a copy to be sent to you, if you live in the UK. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Welcome to the community. I filled out the forms last summer for my son (2) with a physical disability. There’s not much to do apart from repeatedly emailing or phoning to check on things. Keep us posted if you can. 
  • poppy123456
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @gill51, it your responsibility to send medical information or any evidence you think that's supports your sons PIP application. It looks as if from reading the application form they may have phoned the contacts you have not usually done. So from your post it looks as if your sons PIP application could be a paper based assessment. You may get his results by the end of May if it with a decision maker but there is no set time limit. 
  • poppy123456
    I would ring DWP to check the assessment report has been returned and that a paper based assessment has been completed. It just seems so quick.

My daughters recent PIP review, when i rang to see what was happening i was also told that it was with a decision maker, which i thought was rather strange because the file has to be sent to the health assessment providers. Even with a paper based assessment a report still has to be written. I waited a couple of weeks and rang back and was told her file had now been sent to them. She did end up having a paper based assessment because i sent good evidence to support her claim.

I hope the information you were given is correct and that a paper based assessment has been done. Good luck.
  • gill51
    I am wondering with it being so quick and me not sending the medical evidence in only what i wrote about him and his medications hes on if maybe it might have been rejected.
  • gill51
    Yes i spoke to the man on the phone and he said my claim for my son is with the dm
  • gill51
    I did state that he had not had a f2f and was told that it was decided that they was doing a paper based assessment and it was now in the hands of the dm and I would get a reply by the end of May or within 4 to six week 
  • gill51
    He did say I would get a reply within 4 to 6 week or by the end of May 
  • poppy123456
    As advised, you can ring for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    First thing in the morning you should phone up asking for a copy of the assessment report. Pay attention to what it says. Highlight all inaccuracies in the report. 
  • gill51
    Thankyou I will
  • gill51
    I have been in touch with dwp and they are sending me assessment report out today which they said I will receive some time next week. I asked why my son didn't have a f2f and they said cause of his condition they had decided to do a paper based assessment.  His claim his with the dm and they are working on his claim and I should receive a decision in the next few week. Does any one now what this means please.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Good morning @gill51. It's impossible to know which way it is leaning but the DM will base his decision on the report, so once you have that it'll give you a better idea. 
    Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on and what's decided for your son. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • gill51
    Just received my son's review report form- PA3.. Assessment report. He scored 17 points for daily living and 10 for mobility. Does this mean the dm will agree with this
  • poppy123456
    That suggests it's Enhanced for daily living and standard for mobility and yes they usually go with the report. You will still have to wait for the decision.
  • gill51

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.