Feeling worthless — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling worthless

Options
lisajaynepeters
lisajaynepeters Community member Posts: 2 Listener
2 years of fighting and tribunal and im worthy of a whole £23.30 a week. What an insult. I have no thyroid after having cancer, M.E, borderline personality disorder,  depression, spondylitis and macular degeneration. 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @lisajaynepeters, Hello and welcome, your not worthless, PIP is about your abilities not your diagnosis, disability, illness or amounts of medication you are prescribed, PIP is about how you manage and cope in daily situations in relationship to the PIP descriptors. To many people feel, think they should get, be awarded PIP when they don't fit the criteria of the descriptors for claiming PIP. Sorry but that's the way it is we have such high hopes. 
  • WythenshaweBi
    WythenshaweBi Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    If PIP interviewer catches you on one of your good days you have no chance. If they catch you on one of your bad days - all goes well. Everyone has ups and downs. I empathise with you though. Hugs
  • mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    Options
    After 2 years of fighting and tribunal PIP have awarded me a whole £23.30 a week. What is the point !!! I have no thyroid due to having cancer, Borderline personality disorder, M.E, Macular degeneration, asthma, spondylitis and depression.  Thanks DWP  !!!!!
    Disgraceful. Take it to the upper/higher tribunal isn’t it?  They say it’s not what you got (diagnoses wise) it’s how it affects you. If you feel your entitled to more then appeal higher
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Disgraceful. Take it to the upper/higher tribunal isn’t it?  They say it’s not what you got (diagnoses wise) it’s how it affects you. If you feel your entitled to more then appeal higher
    That won't be possible unless an error in law was made. Without requesting the statement of reasons and record of proceedings it's not possible to know if the error was made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    2 years of fighting and tribunal and im worthy of a whole £23.30 a week. What an insult. I have no thyroid after having cancer, M.E, borderline personality disorder,  depression, spondylitis and macular degeneration. 
    As has already been said, it sounds like that you do not fit enough descriptors to qualify for an increase on the award you have been given.
    There are many people who suffer from very serious and debilitating issues that just don't match the right number of descriptors. You may well be one of them but if PIP doesn't work for you then it just doesn't work.
    On the other hand there are many claimants that have no life threatening issues such as arthritis etc who do match enough descriptors to gain a high award.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @lisajaynepeters how are you doing today? I am sorry to hear this, did you get a copy of assessment report to see what you scored? Best wishes.
  • lisajaynepeters
    lisajaynepeters Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Yes. 4 points for daily living allowance. 
    10 points for mobility.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.