ESA3 (IBR) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA3 (IBR)

Stegski
Stegski Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Firstly I have never had savings and have always lived alone also I have never claimed for carer. I was switched from Incapacity benefit to ESA and they wanted to know my circumstances from 2012 to 2013. I am in a state of despair my fortnightly ESA has not gone into my account. Is this suspended while they work out if I'm owed a few bob and will I still receive my DLA and Housing benefit. I'm skint and at my wits end.......

Comments

• Stegski
    Just a quick question is ESA paid while they sort out the ESA3 (IBR) claim form? Because I haven't had my fortnightly money. Also does this effect my DLA and Housing Benefit. I'm at my witsend, feel suicidal and totally skint.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you haven't recently been sent another work capability assessment form or you haven't received an appointment to attend a work capability assessment then there's most likely a simple explanation why your money hasn't been received. However, it's impossible to tell you why on an internet forum. I'm afraid you'll need to ring ESA on Monday morning to ask the reasons why.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you haven't recently been sent another work capability assessment form or you haven't received an appointment to attend a work capability assessment then there's most likely a simple explanation why your money hasn't been received. However, it's impossible to tell you why on an internet forum. I'm afraid you'll need to ring ESA on Monday morning to ask the reasons why.

Yes, your ESA continues to be paid while they assess you for the income related top up.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to ring the DWP first thing on monday to find out why your ESA has not been paid.
    Have you recently had a review ? Which group are / were you in ?
    The IB to ESA switch is not connected to your current ESA claim
    Your DLA is not connected to ESA so you should receive as normal
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Stegski
    Thanks for getting to me C Rebel. No I haven't had a recent review. I was in the supported group so didn't need to do anything. I shall ring them first thing like you suggest and let you know. Once again thanks for your advice.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Stegski,

Have you managed to call them and find out what's going on?
    I'm really sorry to read how stressed this is making you. As a member of our community, we really do appreciate you and we want you to feel as if you can talk about anything here. However, if you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org 

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself: 

If you ever feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Best wishes,

Adrian

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Stegski
    Hi Adrian, 
    Yes, I have called them and apparently my file had been 'pulled' for information making my payments 2 days late and my ESA will be in a/cc tomorrow...Phew!!!
    I have also spoke with my care manager who is visiting me.
    I am quite isolatory so any change is magnified in my mind and I become totally blinkered and obsessive with only one thought that someone is trying to sabotage my life.  
    It does demonstrate how we are all so fragile to any change.
    Once again thank you all for your kind support it means so much to me.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.