I'm in need of support and ideas for myself and my children — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm in need of support and ideas for myself and my children

lizzymomof3
lizzymomof3 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I just signed up because I'm in need of support and ideas for myself and my children.  I am a single mom of 3 teens,  my first born having Asperger's, OCD, and Agoraphobia, it's been a lonely road for us all, and I'm here to change that! Nice to say hi to everyone,  and I look forward to reading,  learning,  and chatting! 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @lizzymomof3 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  You have come to the right place for support and advice, information.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise new members who join the forum.

Please have a look around the website. We are friendly, care and share.

Please ask if we can help and advise on anything. Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello @lizzymomof3, welcome to the community. Looking forward to getting to know you!
    Have you tried our Parents and Carers group? We also have an Autism and Aspergers advisor here if you have any questions at all.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @lizzymomof3 :)
  • Beverley_Scope
    Beverley_Scope Scope Posts: 84 Pioneering
    Hi @lizzymomof3

Welcome to the community.  It sounds very difficult for you, especially if you have a child with agoraphobia.  What kind of support are you already getting?  Do you get support from a social worker?  Do you manage to go out at all?
    Let us know how it is affecting you and what kind ideas you are looking for.

Take care
    Beverley
    Beverley Davies
    Parent Advisor
    Navigate

Brightness