Home Visit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home Visit

Options
willow227
willow227 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi,  
Firstly I'm new here so hello everyone :)  

Secondly, my partner has got a letter for a pip assessment at home and he is wondering if he can refuse this and have an assessment at an assessment centre.

He had another assessment a couple of months ago and that was done at a centre but we are not sure if a home assessment is a good or bad sign?  

Thanks

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @willow227 welcome to the community! A PIP home assessment is not a bad sign at all, I had a home assessment last week. Same procedure just different place ?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @willow227 and welcome

You can rearrange one assessment but if you do so then you must attend the second. A home assessment is neither good or bad. Depending on your partners problems it may be that they recognise he may have difficulty attending a centre or it might just be that a HA spot became vacant and he was next on the list.

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @willow227 and welcome

You can rearrange one assessment but if you do so then you must attend the second. A home assessment is neither good or bad. Depending on your partners problems it may be that they recognise he may have difficulty attending a centre or it might just be that a HA spot became vacant and he was next on the list.

On the other hand those that are assessed by CAPITA have a far greater chance of having a home visit than you would get with ATOS.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A house assessment is a good thing. If you are dealing with autism or other learning disabilities then it seems like the most appropriate option. I requested a home assessment for my son last summer when I applied for the first time.

Keep us updated. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @willow227, just a quick message to welcome you to the community! Best of luck with your partner's PIP assessment whatever you decide.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.