What would you like to learn about today? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What would you like to learn about today?

2»

Comments

• dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    Unfortunately I have to use international research to educate the Uks audiologists, speech and language, and psychologists, regarding the complex nature of my communication disability, auditory processing disorder a listening disability.
    all of my family 3 sons, my wife and me all have a clincial diagnosis of having Auditory Processing Disorder, but we have never had any support or understanding from the local so called profrssional i just mentioned, only pure professional negligence and incompetence. Thye only want to hide their ignorance, and do not want to learn about living with our complex disability.
    so i will continue looking at research, and posting links to research paper collections etc, the problem is that these incompetent so calledhealth professionals fail to read the research and remain only marketing their limited services and massaging their egos. 
  • Deb_Alumni
    Deb_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 180 Pioneering
    @Chloe_Scope I would love to learn something purely for pleasure if can find the time... :wink: flower arranging and photography could be on my list next.

@Ami2301 so with you on the list, books and stationery in general. I write everything down and have too many notebooks going back over 15 years that I have kept.

Debbie
    Online Community Manager
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to say @Deb_Scope that I think @Adrian_Scope is in first place for the amount of notebooks he has, well which his children gave him ?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Two things  I would like to learn, time permitting the art of Bodging and also traditional thatching
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Chloe_Scope I'm learnt a lot about communicating with people on the online community and learning different approaches with engaging and sharing information.

I'm definitely interested in joining a writing course/class too and I've been eyeing a local ballet class for ages, so hopefully I get to go.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Art classes sound really good @April2018mom! Was this painting? I don't have any recommendations to hand but there might be something on our education and learning board. :)
    Scope

• Chloe_Scope
    dolfrog said:
    Unfortunately I have to use international research to educate the Uks audiologists, speech and language, and psychologists, regarding the complex nature of my communication disability, auditory processing disorder a listening disability.
    all of my family 3 sons, my wife and me all have a clincial diagnosis of having Auditory Processing Disorder, but we have never had any support or understanding from the local so called profrssional i just mentioned, only pure professional negligence and incompetence. Thye only want to hide their ignorance, and do not want to learn about living with our complex disability.
    so i will continue looking at research, and posting links to research paper collections etc, the problem is that these incompetent so calledhealth professionals fail to read the research and remain only marketing their limited services and massaging their egos. 
    Sorry you don't feel listened to @dolfrog! It's great that you are involved in research though :) I really hope you get some understanding soon!
    Scope

• Chloe_Scope
    Oooo @Deb_Scope, I love photography :)
    Scope

• Chloe_Scope
    Thanks for that @CockneyRebel! What makes you interested in this?
    Scope

• Chloe_Scope
    Writing and ballet sound good @Antonia_Scope! Fictional writing? 
    Scope

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I am interested in all the old crafts and skills which are gradually being lost
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Chloe_Scope
    It's great people still want to keep them going though! Myself and my best friend (who is at the other side of the country at uni) write letters to each other and I love it! Nothing like it!
    Scope

Brightness