activities for wife — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

activities for wife

Gezzer
Gezzer Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My wife suffers fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, and FND, she is pretty much down in the dumps at the moment and she feels left out. We as a family look after of course but we all have other activities that we are involved with, my wife is happy with that because she doesn’t want to be a burden and stop us doing what we want to do.
So she needs some sort activity herself in her words "I feel like a spare part" so is there anything she can be part of outside of the family. This is a plea for help on my part, it’s not very nice seeing her being down like this and obviously her in pain all the time is compounding the issue.

Thank you

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gezzer

Good Evening & Welcome to our Online Community/Family.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We offer you & your Wife Support/Advice/Info/Help.

She is more than happy in taking part as “much & as when” on our many forums.

Please please let me let me know how you feel??

@steve51
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gezzer welcome to the community! Would your wife be interested in online volunteering? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gezzer and a very warm welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear about your wife- are ether of you accessing support? Please do have a look around and feel free to get involved, I hope you find some like-minded people here :)
    Scope

• Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Hi @Gezzer welcome to the community :)
  • Gezzer
    Gezzer Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you all for welcoming me to the community. My wife has now joined username Connie00 and she is proactive in the community, and it’s great to see her being involved. Thank you again ?
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    Thanks to all off you you have given us a very warm welcome
  • bonnielassie
    bonnielassie Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
    Connie00 - nice to meet you. I also felt very low recently when we moved to a new town. Luckily, our library did things like a Scrabble club and a jigsaw that members of the community put a few bits in whenever they passed  I also tried à knit and natter group but I've left that because I couldn't concentrate, or keep up with everybody.  Do you feel that joining this group has helped?

Brightness