PIP tribunal waiting time? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal waiting time?

Marco724
Marco724 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I applied for pip 1st May 2018 after rejection it’s been escalated to tribunal December 2018... so it’s been over a year from the original claim and still no date for the tribunal? 

Comments

• Marco724
    I should probably add I was awarded mobility but not daily 
  • Marco724
    edited May 2019
    Hello ? 
    I applied for pip 1st May 2018 after rejection it’s been escalated to tribunal December 2018... so it’s been over a year from the original claim and still no date for the tribunal? 
    I should add I was awarded mobility 
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Hi Marco724 well the wait times is like asking how long is a piece of string with dwp i started my tribunal to see them from Feb 2018 and have just got a date on the 17th May 2019 so the end of the week its just a joke how there is know time limit to how long you have to see the tribunal but with the dwp you have a time limit with them to ask of Mandatory Reconsideration or to go to the Tribunal how is this right .
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Marco724 and a very warm welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear you have been waiting so long for the tribunal, unfortunately this is not uncommon!
    Scope

• Gerald
    Hi Marco724 well the wait times is like asking how long is a piece of string with dwp i started my tribunal to see them from Feb 2018 and have just got a date on the 17th May 2019 so the end of the week its just a joke how there is know time limit to how long you have to see the tribunal but with the dwp you have a time limit with them to ask of Mandatory Reconsideration or to go to the Tribunal how is this right .
  • Marco724
    @Gerald oh wow....
    is feb 2018 from the date of the original claim or when you started tribunal? 
  • cripps
    cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    I myself are still waiting for a date to go to court, it’s been over a year now and no date in sight, i keep ringing the court to see if they have anything to report but they just tell me to keep waiting and they will be in touch. Not good all this waiting around i just hope the outcome is positive. NC
  • Gerald
    Marco724 said:
    @Gerald oh wow....
    is feb 2018 from the date of the original claim or when you started tribunal? 
    Its the start day for me to see the Tribunal after the move from DLA to PIP and the Mandatory Reconsideration which started in 2017 so as you can see i'm mad about this and how the DWP get away with this with know comeback or time limit i think it a lets see if they give up and just go with there joke of a ATOS PIP Assessment and there is know comeback on ATOS to as long as they can get you to a lower amount  or off PIP to save money 
  • Gerald
    edited May 2019
    cripps said:
    I myself are still waiting for a date to go to court, it’s been over a year now and no date in sight, i keep ringing the court to see if they have anything to report but they just tell me to keep waiting and they will be in touch. Not good all this waiting around i just hope the outcome is positive. NC
    Hi cripps that is the same thing I got to with the we will be in touch I did a experiment with them I give them a ring on the first of the Month for 3 Months and got the same answer you are at 38 weeks how did time just stop and I missed it and the best on is there text on track your appeal that was sent to me and I do not think I was supposed to get this one that had ( A hearing needs to be booked for your appeal you'll receive a date for your hearing by 5 October 2018 you do not need to do anything ) and the date on that text was this is the good bit the 18th March 2019. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Marco724 said:
    HI,

Waiting times for Tribunal start from when they accept your appeal. I'm afraid you may have quite a wait yet because a lot of arrears have huge backlogs and some are waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date. Best thing you can do is ring HMCTS and they'll tell you the approximate waiting times for your area.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.