desperate need of advice please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

desperate need of advice please

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 7 Listener
Hi wondering if any one can give a clarify what the underpayment of ESA is I filled in the ESA form as was on CB ESA after migration from ib single parent living alone dates I was asked about is from 2011 and 2014 anyone know if I am due an underpayment or how to know without having to wait weeks thanks in advance

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mazzaberry74 welcome to the community! Unfortunately, with a long backlog of claims to be rectified, it may take some time. Have you contacted them at all?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • [Deleted User]
    Hi thanks for replying so quickly yes filled in the ESA 3 form over the phone has everyone on ESA received this or only those who were underpaid for definite please do you know ?thanks for the lovely welcome 12 to wait to find out is soul destroying and can't find clarity anywhere it's affecting my mental health tia
  • Leon630
    Leon630 Community member Posts: 25 Connected

Hi Mazzaberry74,

My friend had a back dated underpayment for ESA this year. It took a few weeks for the payment to come through and it was a substantial amount.

They were contacted by the DWP as they were unaware they had been underpaid.

I hope you are as successful as they were :-)

Leon. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
     sorry m afraid it all depends on your circumstances at that time. No one in an Internet forum can tell you for sure if you’re owed any money. Current waiting times for DWP to assess you for this underpayment is 12-20 weeks. Once a decision is made they will write to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    I managed to find out in 2013 I received £237 ESA a fortnight if this helps please thanks in advance
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    I managed to find out in 2013 I received £237 ESA a fortnight if this helps please thanks in advance
    I's afraid you will still need to wait for DWP to assess you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hello @Mazzaberry74 and a warm welcome to the community! 
    Unfortunately we can't say for sure either way, but the forms are being sent to everyone that may have been affected. As you can imagine there is a backlog of claims so it's just a waiting game I'm afraid. 

Please let us know when you get a response. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.