awarded ESA will I get a back payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

awarded ESA will I get a back payment

Beverley2712
Beverley2712 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi all I have been awarded ESA the tribunal overturned the DWP decision from 2nd August 2018. I have been receiving 58.00 pm JSA as I have a private pension.Will I get backdated esa. I know I have to forfit 13 weeks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all I have been awarded ESA the tribunal overturned the DWP decision from 2nd August 2018. I have been receiving 58.00 pm JSA as I have a private pension.Will I get backdated esa. I know I have to forfit 13 weeks.
    Hi,

Which group did the Tribunal place you into?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Beverley2712! I hope we are to support you with this!
    Scope

• Beverley2712
    limited capability for work Chole
  • Beverley2712
    Hi Poppy  Limited Capability for Work x

• poppy123456
    As you were given limited capability for work, if your claim started after April 2017, which it seems like it did, then i'm afraid there's no back dated money. You will be placed into that group but your money will stay the same.

Only those that are given limited capability for work related activity are paid the extra money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Beverley2712
    Oh  I thought being in the LCWRA was £111 per week

• poppy123456
    Yes, it is but you said you were given limited capability for work (LCW)  and that's different.
  • Beverley2712
    ah right my decision says limited capability for work related activity sorry a bit confused by all this. So can it be backdated Poppy ?

• poppy123456
    The difference is backdated to the 14th week of your claim but it can take 8 weeks to receive it after a Tribunal win.
  • Beverley2712
    Thank you Poppy xx blessings to you xx

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Beverley2712 welcome to the community. I hope it goes well and if you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.