Mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration

hope25
hope25 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi
Just wondering if anyone can help me please , I've had my report back from the assessment and the assessor has scored me 0 and some of the things he's put down are untrue so I'm going to put in a MR I've not got the decision yet but I want to get ready for it so if anyone can help please with any information on what I need I would be very grateful I don't know where to start .

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    I was given a link to this site - https://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool/letter-builder I'm probably going to have to do a MR as well.

@poppy123456 can advise you as well :)
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @hope25 how are you doing today? I am sorry to hear about the outcome of your assessment. We have some information on challenging a pip decision  and the Citizen Advice have some information on mandatory reconsideration too. Your local CAB may offer you further support and advice.

If you have any questions, please let us know. :)
  • hope25
    WF2k said:
    I was given a link to this site - https://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool/letter-builder I'm probably going to have to do a MR as well.

@poppy123456 can advise you as well :)
    Aww I'm sorry your going through this aswell it's really not good for anyone to go through ! And thank you for the info , I'm going to go to cab see if they can help me I've got a million things going through my head I can't even get one thing done 
  • hope25
    Hi @hope25 how are you doing today? I am sorry to hear about the outcome of your assessment. We have some information on challenging a pip decision  and the Citizen Advice have some information on mandatory reconsideration too. Your local CAB may offer you further support and advice.

If you have any questions, please let us know. :)
    Thank you for the info I'm going to contact them see if they can help me
  • [Deleted User]
    Yeah, looks like they've dropped my award to standard, I've post about on the forums somewhere lol. Let me know how you get on please :)
  • hope25
    Aww no ! And I will do thank you 
  • [Deleted User]
    Good luck with the MR! Feel free to pm me if you need to talk or anything :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You should put your request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

I know it's very frustrating to read any lies that may have been told in the report but DWP and the Tribunal won't be interested in any of those. All they will want to know is the reasons why you think your qualify.

Any complaints should be made to the health assessment providers, even though they may tell you to contact DWP, which isn't true.

You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this. Any evidence you have to support your claim should be sent with the letter. Don't rely on them contacting anyone because this rarely happens.

Only 18% of MR decisions change, so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal.

This link will help you find if there's any advice agency in your area who will help you with the MR and Tribunal process.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hope25
    WF2k said:
    Good luck with the MR! Feel free to pm me if you need to talk or anything :)
    Aww thank you , you too ?
  • hope25
    Hi,

You should put your request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

I know it's very frustrating to read any lies that may have been told in the report but DWP and the Tribunal won't be interested in any of those. All they will want to know is the reasons why you think your qualify.

Any complaints should be made to the health assessment providers, even though they may tell you to contact DWP, which isn't true.

You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this. Any evidence you have to support your claim should be sent with the letter. Don't rely on them contacting anyone because this rarely happens.

Only 18% of MR decisions change, so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal.

This link will help you find if there's any advice agency in your area who will help you with the MR and Tribunal process.

Thank you so much , I'm going to get help with this , it's so overwhelming 
  • hope25
    I received a letter yesterday from pip stating that they now had everything they needed for the decision and that I'll hear from then there's no need to contact them , complete waste of paper if you ask me but just wondering if anyone knows roughly how long they will take with it now please 
  • poppy123456
    There's no timescales to decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. They do usually go with the report though, it's rare to go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • hope25
    Thank you just thought with them sending me a letter I'll get the decision this week 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    That letter writing tool is helpful. Thank you very much. I was sent a assessment report in the mail last summer one day after we got back from a party. I was surprised and asked for advice from a social worker. I had her read my mandatory reconsideration letter before I sent it off. We nearly went to tribunal as I prayed for a miracle to happen. 
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Hi hope25 with me in the north west it was about 4 to 6 weeks then it was next on to the Tribunal back in FEB 2018 my move from DLA to PIP started in 2017 so the Tribunal part was from FEB 2018 to the 17th May 2019 Tribunal from 0 0 points to daily living component enhanced rate and mobility component enhanced rate and how long did it take the Tribunal to come to this and reaching its decision over the PIP assessment by Atos For The DWP and put send me to hell and back 30 mins after all that time 30 mins and then you have the gov coming out with there are no problems with PIP or UC well that's a lorry full of B??? S??? that how I see it and if it working so well let them go through this and live with it for a year and then see how fast it gets fixed if they have to put up with all this B??? S??? Sorry about the last bit it just gets me so mad after all they have do to me for over a year.
  • poppy123456
    hope25 said:
    Thank you just thought with them sending me a letter I'll get the decision this week 
    The letter is a standard one they send to everyone, once they have all the information they need. There's still no timescales.
  • [Deleted User]
    I'm still waiting and was sent the same letter, I'm ok for now as I think my money Will be the same until they make a decision. I don't know how it works when someone has their award dropping or stopping though.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @hope25, I assume you haven't heard anything yet, but when you do, please let us know how the MR goes! 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • hope25
    Hi no I've not heard anything yet I'm still awaiting the dreaded day ... the assessor has written in my report that I just have like normal medication but I'm on controlled drugs does that mean anything or just because they've changed their policy on monthly prescription ? 
  • flounder35
    flounder35 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    I have been waiting for the Mr decision since March, 11 weeks now, have phoned twice and both times they say they are looking at that weeks MR's so I'm still waiting x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.