Benzo proacted withdrawal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benzo proacted withdrawal

sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
Been over 9 year's now will I recover from this is it natural healing. My body tone still not normal yet. Various other symptoms. My hair still serious condition. Anxiety still up and down. Muscles in arms wasted away still not tighten up yet. Amd worried how long it takin to heal. 

Benzo proacted withdrawal 1 vote

Fluffy
0%
Meow
100%
sam12 1 vote
Pus
0%

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @sam12, unfortunately as we're not medical professionals here, it's difficult to advise regarding a recovery time. Have you approached your GP with these concerns at all?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam12
    sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
    Meow
    He don't have a clue. Not much support people in uk on this issue 
  • jose2
    jose2 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering
    sam12.
    Have been searching around on net for help too with 27yrs benzo brain injury done by these tabs,since last monday,have looked at Symposiums from USA,BenzoBuddies for support,Pod Casts -Mad in America,what an education I have had ,all Drs I have seen over this 27yrs do not know anything about long term use of this medications,I have gone to Drs with  one thing after another and they all rolling their eyes at me or sarcastic remarks made to me,I have been given about 10/15 different diagnoses,body locks up wide spread neurological pains throughout body,have had heart attack, blood tests coming back abnormal,told in 1999 have Fibro,it hasn't been Fibro its been this all along ,you name it I have had that many different symptoms,I have lost count in all after counting all symptoms I have at 90% of my body and mind /brain affected ,I feel I have wasted 27yrs of my life to illnesses,I am agoraphobic,have shaky crawly feelings though-out my body on a daily basis,body spasms,RLS the pains are horrendous 24/7 days per week-migraines daily ,have had skull explosions, and feelings as though it was going to crack open,I have been to Drug group meetings in past ,they were mystified as to why I hadn't looked for a pusher for my tabs/medication -I told all i was compliant in only taking what Dr prescribed and why when they stopped doing their stuff and I on tabs was feeling so ill(I mean dying ill)so that group no-good for me,they do a wonderful job of helping other's get of illegal drugs,or poly drug abuseand which I commend them! but we were talking at cross purposes.
    I have since last Monday 25th started a tapering plan ,and to date have removed 1.05 mg ,but yesterday after only 6 days at that amount removed I felt as though as though my left eye was going to explode with light entering eye and excruciating pain,groaning in agony all day and on top that lock jaw on  side face too like neuralga-besides continuing widespread body pains as have done for years .I rang my Gp surgery on Friday as I was so distressed and that I needed to see someone as soon as possible to get help tapering off this drug at my pace and to get reassurance that they would not suddenly stop prescribing this drug as it could take me 30 mnths to taper and at my own speed or even longer,no-one knows if anyone can recover completely from Benzos ,this is an epidemic in this country ,people are dying from being on this medication,this is not an addiction this is a Dependency- and a Neurological Insult to the brain and which excites all and every nerve cell in the body ,why is no-one in this country helping me and @sam12 get help !!!
    Adrian_Scope -
    Could you try and get a Dr or someone on site or someone with knowledge about Benzos to help all the thousands in this country  get help ,
    Sorry for going on ,but I am so upset about lack of knowledge, even Drs dont know whats is happening to all patients on these drugs,some of them have never read Professor Heather Ashton's Manual, or looked at the updated findings on Benzos at least in America  they  are finally the drs ,psychiatrists and many more  are listening to their patients symptoms and concerns .
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Thank you for getting in touch @jose2. It sounds like you're really struggling and I appreciate your frustration with the lack of knowledge and support. How are you doing at the moment with your plan?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • jose2
    jose2 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering
    Thank you for getting intouch Adrian_Scope, since Mon 25th just keeping to extracting 1ml (=1mg) per night from now 100ml of milk-this is only on 1st 10mg tab-if I do this 1 x per month-my reckoning could be 10 mnths to taper off,10mgs- then have to work on next 20mgs-so that could take another 20mnths-so 30 x months in all,if not longer depending how body reacts to withdrawal .Went to see Dr yesterday,she had no clue what I was talking about,she had never heard of The Ashton Manuel or Proff  Ladder,she didn't know anything about what benzo's do to body ,left her a list of about 80/90 symptoms  I have been suffering with since been put on Benzo's over years and antidepressants-told her wanted to report all side effects to Yellow Card Scheme in England and would like my medical records up -dating when and if she becomes more knowledgeable about all these terrible symptoms or until someone believes me,that this is a true illness with all these bad  side effects of taking and been prescribed these drugs by medical profession,got rest of my medical records yesterday too back from 1951-1998-what a laugh they are! If I have showed any human emotion such has having a cry in Drs ,bunged on benzo's or terrible antidepressants,told I was constantly anxious all time,like normal stuff like deaths in family ,abusive and violent husbands,(you know stuff like that) that I was supposed not to have or show any emotions of distress  such as grief or scared to death of violent ,mentally and physically alcoholic/gambling husbands-and my psychiatrist records ,'what a laugh they are', in them I was not even allowed to show my anger at them when I argued that they were all denying my own truth of my own life and experiences ,as though I came from some other  universe to them-then there is the culture of all Drs/ Pschs  of victim blaming,this jumped off pages immediately to me too!, told by one Psch-'I was beyond help 'that cracked me up laughing yesterday.Thought I'd like to share that with you Adrian!,
    Then went to chemist yesterday and he accused me of having a terrible addiction problem-asked him if he knew what addiction meant and what dependant meant ?,as they have and are  completely different meanings!, when I asked him if there was anyone in area that could compound Benzo down for me ,'no-one does it anymore ',just cut tabs in quarters and do it like that -are you kidding me ?,nearly fell on floor with shock,gave him (in-front of patients collecting scripts) a blow by blow description of what Benzos do to someone's body and dangers of tapering off too quick !, all people chemist went quiet, all listening to me,and I not even shouting.Dr has told me to write an article for newspaper's abt whats happened to me,as she dead against prescribing Benzos anyway ! and this Dr has never prescribed this medication ,Good on her,they are poison !Great marketing as far back as 1950s, though don't you think Adrian.
    Hope this helps for you Adrian and all on Scope ,you are a wonderful lot of people,you have helped me get through PiP assessment and the wonderful people who have come on Scope site helping me and giving me suggestions to get through that quagmire of bureaucracy of government-having to prove that I have been truly ill  for years ,unable to walk etc,excruciating pains throughout body,like electric shocks from head to toes 24/7 days per week.
    Its where I go now!-with all information I have gathered for weeks now.That's a big question?
    All care
    @jose2

Brightness