Appealing an earlier p.i.p descision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appealing an earlier p.i.p descision

littleruthie123
littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I had an awful p.i.p award 3 years ago .I dident have alot of evidence at the time .so my question is it worth me getting them too look at it again?.after a fresh claim I'm on proper amounts now.will this put me at risk with my current claim please .thanks 

Comments

• littleruthie123
    Hi ive received a letter saying thed looked at my previous award few years back .I had too go there and they never ahmgknolwed any of my m h.issues .at the time I was so low and scared too be honest.i later went on and got the award in both which is good.if I ask them too look at my old award could it effect mum new award ?.Thank you?.I've also got alot more evidence now which I dident at that time .thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You won't be able to ask them to look at the old claim again i'm afraid because it was 3 years ago. The time limit is 13 months maximum.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • littleruthie123
    They sent me a letter saying thed looked at it again and i could disagree it ?
  • littleruthie123
    It said thed be told too look at certain sessions again.and that she had decided it was fare .It later gives the points I was given and not alot  more.then it days if I disagree I can contact them?.maybe not then .don't no if I can be doing with all the drama of it t.b.h
  • poppy123456
    They sent me a letter saying thed looked at it again and i could disagree it ?
    If the decision was made 3 years ago then you can't ask them to look at it again because you're outside the timeframe to do this. It's 1 month from the date of the decision, which can be increased to a maximum 13 months, with good reason. 3 years exceeds this time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • littleruthie123
    I got the letter yesterday saying I could  strange then

• poppy123456
    Sorry but i'm totally confused, you said you had a PIP award 3 years ago and now you're saying you had the letter yesterday?

• littleruthie123
    Yes I did say i received a letter in my first post . and it was concerning my award from 2016_2018.it's.i wouldent if been asking something 3 years later lol .thanks anyway I will sort 
  • poppy123456
    Hi I had an awful p.i.p award 3 years ago .I dident have alot of evidence at the time .so my question is it worth me getting them too look at it again?.after a fresh claim I'm on proper amounts now.will this put me at risk with my current claim please .thanks 
    Your first post says a PIP award 3 years ago. Sorry but i'm still confused.

You asked if you can ask them to look at a decision again but when was the decision made?
  • littleruthie123
    I received letter. It stated there looked at my p.i.p claim again because of changes in the law regarding moving around and .m.h.which I dident score for .It then says I can ask for a reconsideration 
  • poppy123456
    Ah yes now i understand. Yes, you can request a Mandatory Reconsideration for that decision. I'd advise you to get expert advice before requesting the MR because scoring points for following and planning a journey will depend on how your conditions affect you. It's much harder to score points in the activity since they changed the descriptor.

If your condition has got worse since the original decision was made then they won't take that into consideration.
  • littleruthie123
    Ok thank you I wasent explain it well enough.i do believe I shoukd of got the higher points as I do now.the only changes are I got more medical evidence .spent 18 months waiting for a m.h worker etc but it sounds like a fight maybe not worth the effect on my m.h now .Thanks x
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. You really do need to get expert advice before doing anything else. Good luck.
  • littleruthie123
    Hi again poppy123456 sorry can i pick your brains one more time.if I do go through and challenge it?.Have I got anything too loose.as have a better award now  thanks its kind if the principal over the while mental health that really bothers me going through ptsd anxiety agoraphobia tendsies and still doing so  that they dident account for any at all .
  • poppy123456
    As this is regarding the descriptor changes for following and planning a journey and no one knows how your conditions affected you at the time that decision was made then you'll need to get expert face to face advice.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.