Sick notes? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sick notes?

flounder35
flounder35 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
Hi all, I was working until April '18, then was off sick with back problems, anxiety, depression etc, I gave  mycompany sick notes and was paid SSP by my company until beginning of November, I was then told I have to send them to the job centre, I am not entitled to ESA/job seekers etc as my husband earns too much which is fine, but my issue is I can't speak to anyone at the job centre to find out who or what department want the sick notes I have accumulated, even if I could leave the house you can't just walk into the job centre for advice, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Xxx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi

It will be new style ESA you should claim if you paid enough NI contributions from working in the previous 2 tax years. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • flounder35
    Thank you, have phoned them and they have sent me a form to fill in, but they are not asking for husband's income, surely they will need to know this, i don't want them to pay me money I know I am not entitled to.x
  • poppy123456
    Thank you, have phoned them and they have sent me a form to fill in, but they are not asking for husband's income, surely they will need to know this, i don't want them to pay me money I know I am not entitled to.x
    New Style ESA is not means tested and your husbands earnings don't affect this. It's your claim, not your husbands and you won't be claiming as a couple.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
  • flounder35
    Thank you, feel much better now, to be honest as long as they pay my NI I am happy x
  • poppy123456
    Whether your claim is successful will depend on how much NI contributions you paid from working in the tax years between March 2016 and April 2018.
  • flounder35
    I worked full time up until April 2018, so fingers crossed that covers me x
  • poppy123456

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.