P.I.P. Tribunals and E.S.A W.R.A.G. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

P.I.P. Tribunals and E.S.A W.R.A.G.

Options
justg72
justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
Hi All
I thought I would update you all as I have been part of this forum for more than a year now.

After losing all my P.I.P. benefits in March 2018, I then appealed with an M.R. appeal and the response I received, I didn't agree with!
I have been to my tribunal today and I have won. I have been awarded enhanced for both, from 0 points!
So all of you who are refused P.I.P. I would take it to a tribunal. I was in there for 1 hour and I thought that you were only in for 20 mins at the most, so I was shocked at the length of time.

I did get questioned on my condition in depth, however,  I told the truth from start to finish. I thought when I was sat waiting for the decision that it didn't go in my favour and I hadn't won my appeal.
I was totally wrong!
I have been form hell and back with them stopping my benefits, I lose my home on the 31st of this month because I have been not able to pay the extra rent!
I also have lost my support group in the E.S.A. benefit recently in March 2019, my M.R. appeal has failed and I am now in the W.R.A.G. group. Looks like another tribunal!
PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP AND FIGHT THIS UNFAIR,CORRUPT SYSTEM!
Good Luck to all who are going to a tribunal x

Comments

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    justg72 said:
    Hi All
    I thought I would update you all as I have been part of this forum for more than a year now.

After losing all my P.I.P. benefits in March 2018, I then appealed with an M.R. appeal and the response I received, I didn't agree with!
    I have been to my tribunal today and I have won. I have been awarded enhanced for both, from 0 points!
    So all of you who are refused P.I.P. I would take it to a tribunal. 

It's not really a case that ALL of those that didn't get the award that they thought that they should have received should appeal. It's a case by case basis for the claimant to consider if they really do believe that they are entitled to the extra points at a Tribunal, can identify the relevant descriptors and above all can evidence the increase asked for.
    If everybody appealed including those with no realistic chance of success all it would achieve is to make the waiting time longer for those that do have a better than 50% chance of winning.
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @justg72
    Just a thought but if you have won your tribunal it may be worth appealing to your landlord about losing your home.If you have some kind of paperwork to support the decision it may be that you could clear your rent arrears if you are owed any backdated benefit.It May be worth a shot.You have nothing to lose by asking.
          Debsidoo.x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.