Tick box — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tick box

brad72
brad72 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
Hi all, just wondering if some one could clarify what the box means that states, the claimant did not report significant fuctional problems with this activity in their questionnaire or at consultation, and there was no evidence to suggest otherwise. Sorry if i seem a bit thick but had my pip assessers report today and it has not been ticked and was just wondering what it means. Thanks

Comments

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @brad72 - I think it means that you have said that you don't have a difficulty in that particular area e.g. 'washing and bathing', or 'preparing food', etc and the assessor agrees with you.

It is possible that the assessor might award points in an area if he/she disagrees.

In my case I misunderstood what one category meant so I said I didn't have a problem when it was obvious to the assessor that I did so I got points...
  • brad72
    Thanks for that, only the assesser has scored me points on all activities except the last mobility question about walking and on all the pages the box is not ticked.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi brad72 , the previous post as confirmed my thoughts also as you must have submitted in your application form you do not have any mobility problems, the assessor at you assessment was able to see and confirm your written answer in from the application form, so going by your post you will not get an award for mobility but you should be able to work out what the care part award at should be. Keep the community updated when your notification letter is received. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    This means that you can do the activity independently. Keep us posted. I also suggest taking a look at the descriptors too. See how many points you can score. 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering

brad72 said:
    Hi all, just wondering if some one could clarify what the box means that states, the claimant did not report significant fuctional problems with this activity in their questionnaire or at consultation, and there was no evidence to suggest otherwise. Sorry if i seem a bit thick but had my pip assessers report today and it has not been ticked and was just wondering what it means. Thanks

It could also mean that you made no claim under that descriptor on the claim form and that you also did not mention it at the face to face assessment the assessor was left with no alternative but to not award it. 
    If you don't make a claim then why would they want to award you.
  • brad72
    Hi, i am claiming for uncontrolled epilepsy, the pip report points looks like it is scoring me enhanced rate for daily living and enhanced rate for needs supervision on a familiar journey, so why is it then that the boxes havnt been ticked. Also i know that my report is not the decision but its obvious that the decision maker will disagree anyway and will probably score 0points.
  • poppy123456
    Why is it obvious that the decision maker will disagree? They usually go with the report, it's rare for them to go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    When you say the boxes haven't been ticked are you talking about the justification for the descriptor choice underneath the activities?

If so then it will only be ticked if you haven't reported any difficulties with that activity. If you've reported or the assessor has identified difficulties with that activity then the box will NOT be ticked.
  • brad72
    Thanks for your advice, but i am confused now, does that mean that the decision maker will now not go with the report as the assesser has scored on the activities.
  • poppy123456
    No, it doesn't mean that. The boxes were ticked because problems with the activity were indicated. If no problems weren't indicated then the boxes would have been ticked.

Please try not to worry, they usually go with the report.
  • Susa
    Susa Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Does it mean you have been awarded if the appropriate boxes are ticked thanks
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2023
    Susa said:

PIP is made up of 2 parts, daily living and mobility. For an award you need to score at least 8 points(standard award). For Enhanced you need to score at least 12 points. Daily living and mobility are added separately.

You can use the PIP self test to add the recommended points by transferring the dots/ticks from the report into the self test. At the end it will add the points up. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test-form

The report is not the decision, it's a recommendation.

• Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 406 Pioneering
    Susa said:
    I think if boxes are ticked or marked with a dot then it is my understanding that DM the majority of times goes with the HP report.

What I'm led to believe it is rare for the DM not to go with report but it can happen.

Someone with far more knowledge than me will say for certain.
    Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • poppy123456
    Binky1234 said:
    Susa said:
    I think if boxes are ticked or marked with a dot then it is my understanding that DM the majority of times goes with the HP report.
    Dots can also be in box A which is zero points. Just because there’s ticks it doesn’t mean an award is recommended. 
  • Susa
    Susa Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thankyou new to this

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.