Disibility premium — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disibility premium

Weirdworld
Weirdworld Community member Posts: 40 Listener
Hello all again..?
I got approved on disibility premium? 65.15... A week.
Now how would i get paid? Is it gonna be every 2 weeks with my esa or 1 a months? Or do i also gonna get paid on top of pip when is paid...
Please help me i got paid a weeks pay cos i just moved

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    It's paid every fortnight paid with your ESA
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2019
    Hi,

Your other post here says you've applied for UC, is that correct? https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/59638/lanlord-went-for-holiday-in-irland#latest

Were you previously claiming ESA?

What's the reason for you claiming UC? possible a house move?

If the SDP is in payment then you won't be able to claim UC because you claim SDP and you'll be able to claim housing benefit.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Weirdworld
    I claiming uc so i can get housing payed. Now a days says that if u want housing benefit u need to claim uc
  • Weirdworld
    Or is it housing i just have to go to local council with tenancy agreement and be done by council.. And should i cancel the uc claim and dont go to appoitment
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Because you're claiming SDP then you can't claim UC, i'm very surprised you were even able to start the claims process off to be honest. Yes, cancel that claim then once you've done that you need to ring your local council and ask to claim housing benefit because you're claiming severe disability premium and you can't claim UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Weirdworld, as Poppy says, as you're in receipt of SDP, you're unable to claim UC and they should flag this and cancel your claim. You do need to apply for Housing Benefit from your local council. You could give the SDP helpline a call on 0800 181 4049 (0800 012 1331 if you're in NI) and they'll be able to advise you about what your next steps should be.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Weirdworld
    Thank u a lot will go to council then and wont bother to attend the uc appointment on monday

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.