PIP Assessment report lost — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment report lost

Cm63
Cm63 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi my hubby had pip assessment on 10/01/19 we didn’t hear anything for theee months so phoned capita and pip they hadn’t got a record of him anywhere on their system. They even said are u sure u had PIp assessment and not other benefit asssessment. He had to have second assessment came back zero points. The assessment reads as if it’s about someone else. I’ve asked for report for both assessment but they can only find one but still denying they’ve lost it. They’ve offered us a good will of £100 but that’s not the point. That data was very personal. What’s our next step

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Did he go to an assessment centre for the first PIP assessment, if so did he sign anything to say he arrived? Did he give any ID?

For the PIP decision he has 1 month from that date to request a Mandatory Reconsideration and this should be put in writing, stating where he thinks he should have scored those points and the reasons why. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time he attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to him.

DWP won't be interested in any lies that may have been told in the report and neither will the Tribunal. If you have any complaints about the most recent report then this should be made to the health assessment providers.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cm63
    Hi poppy123456 he had his assessment at home. Thanks for reply
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    It looks as if the first report won't be found.  When you get report about second assessment you can ask for a mandatory reconsideration.
  • Cm63
    First assessment turned up! 
    But it gets complicated. They used 2nd assessment to work out points and Liam got none. When we read through the first which was more or less accurate he got 9 for daily living and 12 for mobility. After being turned down we put in a mandatory reconsideration so not sure what to do now as he should have got help??

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.