PIP MR letter tool — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP MR letter tool

Artmuzz
Artmuzz Community member Posts: 43 Connected
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
There is a website that creates a letter for you to send to DWP for Mandatory Reconsideration. You just fill in the details of why you disagree with their decision and your symptoms and disabilities and it generates a letter. Has anyone used this before? Is it safe to use?

https://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's perfectly safe to use and lots of people use it. Good luck with the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Artmuzz please keep us updated and if you have any questions, do let us know.
  • Artmuzz
    Hi, I’ve typed up the letter template and sent it to my email. I have the letters from my Support Worker and Therapist. However, on the PIP decision letter the date is over a month ago and I’ve still not posted the documents to the DWP and it tells me I have a month from that date to send for a Mandatory Reconsideration but there is a delay getting a letter from my mental health Counsellor. If I was to get that letter from my Counsellor in a couple of days would it be fine to post or will the DWP declare it void? Please advise.
  • poppy123456
    With good reason you have 13 months to request the MR, i'd advise you to write letter telling them the reasons why you were late requesting it. Although you could have rang them before the 1 month deadline to request it over the phone and then tell them the letter and evidence will be sent. Too late for that now though. I'd still advise you to ring them Monday to request it and tell them the reasons why you're late.

If DWP don't accept your reasons then they won't look at the decision again and just send you a decision letter. You will need this letter to request the Tribunal. Most MR decision's remain the same anyway so there's a very high chance you'll have to take it to Tribunal, even if you did request it within the month.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Artmuzz
    edited May 2019
    Thanks for the advise.

I will phone DWP on Monday but failing that I will have to appeal.

When I appeal could I send those letters I got from My Support Worker, mental health Counsellor and Therapist to the Tribunals Services instead as evidence to back me up?
  • poppy123456
    You still need to go through the MR process because without this the Tribunal will refuse your appeal.

Yes, you'll be able to send the evidence to HMCTS and you'll have plenty of time to do that because waiting times are huge across the country. Some are waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date. As long as the evidence is received no later than 10 days before the hearing date that's fine. They will only take into consideration how you were at the time the decision was made.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.