Pernicious Anaemia/B12 Deficiency and PTSD — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pernicious Anaemia/B12 Deficiency and PTSD

Clairegaynor
Clairegaynor Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. Pleasure to meet you all.
I suffer with Pernicious anaemia AND PTSD.

Can anyone advise as to wherter these are disabilities please?

Thank you,
Best wishes,
Claire

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Clairegaynor and welcome

Anything that affects the things you can do with regard to daily activities could be classed as a disability. However, not all disabilities qualify for disability benefits which currently is Personal Independence Payments.
    In the first instance you may want to take one of the online self tests
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • bendy_bonnie
    bendy_bonnie Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    It depends whether you're asking if you can see yourself as having a disability, or whether you feel you need help with extra costs of your disability from the state, or both. Also I have pernicious anaemia/folate anaemia and I don't class this as a disabling illness but someone else may feel differently. Only you can answer that question. 
    6080 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    I have pernicious anaemia which has had an affect on my nerves etc. The fatigue is horrendous despite 8 weekly injections. Then there is the brain fog amongst numerous symptoms. Certainly is a long term health condition and depending on your symptoms, I would class it as disabling at times. Some have a mild form though with few symptoms but I can honestly say, it can wipe me out for sure. I do receive Pip now but I have other issues also. 

Brightness