Just a quick update — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just a quick update

CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
Hi a psychologist says CARL58 has C-PTSD with serious symptoms.10 yrs I've battled to get him help,she was very pleasant but narked that this wasn't picked up before,she said it's a long rd ahead ,it's been allowed to fester for way to long treatment will start in a cple of wks, but she can't rush him she needs  to  earn his trust.the self harming is his coping mechanism with trauma,at last someone's listening I'm very annoyed that it's taken so long because it's been affecting him so much he's lost touch with reality,so that's the latest, CARL58 poorly but more frightened than anything a mixture of problems she also believes in hypnosis therapy but that's further down line take care all Jen

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Jen, thanks for keeping us updated and so glad that Carl has finally received a diagnosis! I am sorry to hear he is poorly, sending all of our love. How are you coping Jen?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • CARL58
    CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
    @Ami2301 thank you I'm doing ok,feel relieved that someone's listened & seems to know what they are doing.the psychologist says its acase that will take mths maybe a cple of yrs, it depends on how CARL58 reacts to treatment as they deleve deeper than a psychiatrist,so where see.hope your well Jen
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I am OK thank you, glad you're OK :) fingers crossed that the treatment works!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness