mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

mandatory reconsideration

BettyGrable
BettyGrable Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had a pip review in March and the hp told a load of lies and my pip was stopped i feel really upset and angry but im going for a mandatory reconsideration and after that i will appeal

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @BettyGrable  Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this.  You come to the right place for support and advice, information.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Please can I suggest have a look at our website. We have lots of information, advice on MR and appeals.

Please can I also add speak to CAB.  They have knowledge, expertise in assisting and helping you.

Please ask if we can help.  Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care. Wish all the success in a positive outcome.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @BettyGrable welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened. You're not alone as many members of our community have, unfortunately, been in the same situation as yourself. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • BettyGrable
    Thank you for your kind messages at the moment I'm really stressed and anxious and its making my health issues worse
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @BettyGrable Sorry to hear this.  I know maybe speaking to your Doctor for any guidance on your mental health.

Could possibly sign post you to relevant support.

We are here to be supportive.

Please I know this is a stressful time having been there myself.

Know the need to get some support with the whole aspect of the MR and appeals.

Please can I also add if you not happy with anything about your assessment complain.  Either to whoever is doing the assessment the company.

Another suggestion is to contact their local MP.

Many members have done so.

Have been notified by their local MP.  Who has given them a lot of reassurance and support.

I hope that helps.

Always here if you need to ask anything. 

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • BettyGrable
    Hello the spiceman its nice to meet you I'm getting some help from carers together which I'm grateful for has I'm hopeless with forms and letters
  • Edster77
    Edster77 Community member Posts: 162 Courageous
  • BettyGrable
    Hi Edster 77 Thank you ? 
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcoem to the community @BettyGrable :)

I am sorry to hear this, I glad to hear you are receiving some support for the Mandatory Reconsideration. We have some YouTube videos on appealing a decision. If you have any questions, please let us know.
  • BettyGrable
    Hi, Antonia thank you i just feel very stressed and anxious at the moment
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Hi BettyGrable I was the same if you can ask if CAB will help you with the forms and send them for you all the best 
  • BettyGrable
    Hi, Gerald carers together are helping me ? my partner has Parkinson's has well so it feels really stressful
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Hi BettyGrable  So Sorry about your partner all I can say is I hope this gets sorted out fast for you do not need this and more stress all the best forgot to put have you got on to your MP they may help and there is know harm asking your MP.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.