Got a copy of my review- looks like I won't get PIP again — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got a copy of my review- looks like I won't get PIP again

slondon22
slondon22 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi folks, well had copy of my review today, looks that I have not  scored enough points for even the minimum daily living ( only 8 points ) Don’t agree with a few so may appeal ( obviously can’t do that until I actually get decision ) but looks cut and dry with only 8 points ! 

I presume now my P.I.P. award will stop ? Or will other details be taken in to consideration i.e. medication etc . 

Also will my P.I.P. award run until it the award was granted  till next year ? 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2019
    Hi @slondon22, it's great that you requested your report ahead of the decision but I'm sorry you feel you have not gained the points you need!

What are you meaning regarding medication? Is this support to pay for this or because you take medication?

Please do let us know if you require any information regarding the appeal process if the time comes :) 

Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If the decision doesn't go in your favour then i'm afraid your PIP will stop approximately 4 weeks after the decision is made. You then have 1 month from that decision to request the MR followed by Tribunal if that fails.

They mostly go with the report, it's rare to go against it.

If you do decide to request the MR you should put this in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies.

DWP won't be interested in any lies told in the report. Any complaints should be made to the health assessment providers.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • slondon22
    Hi , thanks for comments , all noted ! Although I do think I have made a mistake as in daily living activities scored 9 , 

Have had a good read up now and my score should entitle  me to basic award in daily living activity as ( if I have read correctly ? )  the scoring is between 8 and 11 basic award 11 and over higher rate , so maybe I jumped the gun a little to soon ? 

I just wondered if anything else was taken into consideration regarding award besides the points system , 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    The best way to add up those recommended points is to use the PIP self test here http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

This way you won't get flustered and confused. Just copy the dots/ticks from the report into the test and then it adds it up at the end and tells you what you scored.

They mostly go with the recommendations in the report, it's rare to go against it. You will still have to wait for the decision though.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • slondon22
    Good stuff  ! many thanks , regards T 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    slondon22 said:
    Hi folks, well had copy of my review today, looks that I have not  scored enough points for even the minimum daily living ( only 8 points ) Don’t agree with a few so may appeal ( obviously can’t do that until I actually get decision ) but looks cut and dry with only 8 points ! 

I presume now my P.I.P. award will stop ? Or will other details be taken in to consideration i.e. medication etc . 

Also will my P.I.P. award run until it the award was granted  till next year ? 
    You are confused somewhere. 8 points will give you a standard award.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.