PIP claim with the quality assurance manager, what dose that is mean? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP claim with the quality assurance manager, what dose that is mean?

dellydee
dellydee Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Please can someone give me some advice my pip claim I had my assessment on 4th September was told was with the dwp from 16th September now I am been told mine is with the quality assurance manager, what dose that is mean thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Seems to me that when you were told your assessment report is now with DWP they may not be honest with you. quality control sounds like another word for being in audit. Files are chosen at complete random and sent to audit, this means the report is being checked to make sure that everything is correct. There's nothing you can do to speed up this process and they can take as long as they want. Once they have finished with the audit it will be returned to DWP. The only thing is, is that it just delays a decision being made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dellydee
    dellydee Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    It’s not audit the lady said it’s something is assurance manager and said decision as already been made I did read about sometimes if the dwp disagree with the assessment report but I have read that much im
    comfused 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi, the Quality Assurance Manager is a DWP employee who liaises between the Case Manager (the person at DWP making the decision) and the assessment provider (ie Capita/ATOS).  They raise any queries with the assessment provider if the recommended scores are not consistent or where there is new evidence provided and further guidance is needed.  Unfortunately there is quite a delay between the report being produced and a decision being made.  There is little you can do realistically, although once it gets unacceptably long (2 months) I would advise you consider contacting your MP and asking them to intervene.  You could do that now, but it may be a bit too soon. 
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, the Quality Assurance Manager is a DWP employee who liaises between the Case Manager (the person at DWP making the decision) and the assessment provider (ie Capita/ATOS).  They raise any queries with the assessment provider if the recommended scores are not consistent or where there is new evidence provided and further guidance is needed.  Unfortunately there is quite a delay between the report being produced and a decision being made.  There is little you can do realistically, although once it gets unacceptably long (2 months) I would advise you consider contacting your MP and asking them to intervene.  You could do that now, but it may be a bit too soon. 
    If the assessor report has been sent to the DWP then there can be no reason why you can't have a copy irrespective of what is happening with the claim. 
    Incidentally it would be handy to see what was originally in the assessor report and what may well be changed to provide another report. 
    I would put in a SAR application to the DWP to see exactly what they have in their files including what amendments could well be made.
  • lisa78
    lisa78 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi I was told the same thing today, did you find out what it ment and was you awarded pip?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lisa78 and a warm welcome to the community! Here is the meaning, however I am unsure if these people did receive PIP. Please do have a look around the community and if there is anything else we can do to help then do let us know :) 

I wish you the very best of luck with your claim!

BenefitsTrainingCo said:

Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.