anyone else was having issues with the DWP claiming not to recieve P.I.P — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

anyone else was having issues with the DWP claiming not to recieve P.I.P

FaryBerguson
FaryBerguson Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all!
I stumbled upon this group when I was googling to find out if anyone else was having issues with the DWP claiming not to recieve P.I.P. claims. Goodness! Now I'm wondering if the DWP has admitted the reciept of ANY claims.........

(Perhaps their letterbox is jammed?)

Gary

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Are you saying you sent a form to them and they didn't receive it? Did you keep a copy of the form that you sent?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gruber
    gruber Posts: 29 Listener
    Copy or no copy, if the DWP say they have never received it that's it new claim needed.
    I once had a claim for something else stopped as they said that the information I sent them had not been received. Having a copy just did not cut it with them. They thought that I was making it up and had to start from scratch with a new claim losing hundreds of pounds.
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    I sent mine by recorded delivery and made sure it was signed for !!
    Only cost me £1-50p.
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    Also, best to photo copy everything just in case you need to do it again. 
  • FaryBerguson
    Bless, thanks all!

I wish I'd visited here before sending the form. I'll copy everything in future.

This bodes really badly, no?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    When did you send the form ? it can take 10-14 days to be put on their system
    Is this a new claim ? If so it might be quicker to ask for another form
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • gruber
    gruber Posts: 29 Listener
    KG100 said:
    Only cost me £1-50p.
    I was told not to send it by recorded delivery as the DWP do not open the post. It goes through so many hands over many days before it get to them. Then they have to scan it onto the system.
    It can get lost  in the system quite easilly
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    gruber said:
    KG100 said:
    Only cost me £1-50p.
    I was told not to send it by recorded delivery as the DWP do not open the post. It goes through so many hands over many days before it get to them. Then they have to scan it onto the system.
    It can get lost  in the system quite easilly
    Correct. The post office opens the post and at any point between then and when the DWP get the claim it can get lost which the DWP will argue is not their problem.
  • FaryBerguson
    Hmmmm. I just got a text to say they've recieved the form. Heigh ho.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.