Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment

Susie55
Susie55 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
I have my assessment on Thursday if I fail it ,I know I can have a mandatory decision but someone just said I have to send in sick notes.Is this right as I haven't sent sick notes in for the last 8years,and when I had my last assessment 5years ago it went to tribunal and I didn't have to send sick notes in then.Can someone please tell me what is correct.Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you're found fit for work and you request the MR if that fails and most do then once the Tribunal accept you're appeal then you can go back onto assessment rate for ESA but you will need to send in sick notes. This is because the DWP think you're fit for work and will no longer be in a group. The sick notes will need to be dated from the date you were found fit work.

Please note that this will only apply if you don't apply for Universal credit. If you apply for this then you won't be able to go back onto ESA ever.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Susie55
    I don't have universal credits,so if I fail assessment,I will have to go to GP for sick notes ,is that right 
  • poppy123456
    Yes, that's correct.

If you are found fit for work then DWP may advise you to claim universal credit, if you do this then you won't be able to go back onto ESA, ever.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Susie55
    I won't do that then,as I have only 2years for my state pension so am I right in thinking to appeal if I fail and stay on esa
  • poppy123456
    The first step to appeal is mandatory reconsideration. Please be aware that you will be without money during the MR process.

Best thing to do is to concentrate on the assessment, i know that's really difficult thing to do because we all worry. Once the decision is made, if it's not what you're happy with then post back here and someone will advise you on your next step.

Good luck.
  • Susie55
    Thankyou that's what I'll do:-)
  • Susie55
    Hi all once again.Can anyone tell me am i allowed to take my photocopy of my questionnaire into assessment on Thursday,so i can refer to it if needs be.
  • poppy123456
    Yes that will be fine. Good luck for Thursday.
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    it maybe too late now to ask, but did you ask for it to be recorded?

and good luck on the day fingers crossed for you it all goes well, and let us know either way
  • Susie55
    Thankyou all for your support as I am on my own it's reassuring to have people going through the same things as me.I am lucky that I have a good son and daughter-in-law who live just over the road from me.I am glad that I can take my questionnaire in with me so I can refer to it if needs me as with my illness I get as I call it very foggy.This time around I am going to take my time answering questions as they phrase questions  sometimes differently which gets me even more anxious.Well I think I've had all the answers to my questions now,so I will fill you all in most probs on Friday how it went?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.