can find out about my pip result after getting the assessment report? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

can find out about my pip result after getting the assessment report?

beenish
beenish Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’m new here was wondering if i can find out about my pip result after getting the assessment report?

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @beenish and welcome to the community! Have you looked at your report in line with the descriptors? This will give you an indication of the award you may be given. The average waiting time is 8-12 weeks yet this can differ significantly depending on the backlog within your area. I hope you aren't waiting much longer and the very best of luck with your claim!
    Scope

• beenish
    Thanks I’m still waiting for the report to arrive. So the award will be same what is in report? I mean the scores
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi, did you request a copy of the report? These are not sent out automatically. In the report it will describe what the assessor thinks which can allow you to add up the points and guess the award you will be given- before the actual decision has got back to you, hope this helps!
    Scope

• beenish
    I have requested it yesterday so might come next week. Yeah will have a look at that 
    thanks for ur reply
  • Chloe_Scope
    Great! No problem at all :)
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    When you receive the report somewhere in there will be boxes with dots/ticks. Use the PIP self test here http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php  and transfer those dots/ticks into the self test. At the end of the test it will add up any points you scored.

The report is just a recommendation but they usually go with it and it's rare to go against it. You'll still have to wait for a decision but if you're not happy you'll have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the mandatory reconsideration.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • beenish
    I received my report today and I’m shocked to see that HP gave me zero points. I can’t believe it. I have given evidences had 2 eye surgeries and glass lenses put in aswell i am been suffering in pain for 2 years and she gave me zero points for everything.
    what I’m supposed to do? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    beenish said:
    I received my report today and I’m shocked to see that HP gave me zero points. I can’t believe it. I have given evidences had 2 eye surgeries and glass lenses put in aswell i am been suffering in pain for 2 years and she gave me zero points for everything.
    what I’m supposed to do? 
    You will have to wait for the decision but they mostly go with the report. Once the decision is made you need to request the mandatory reconsideration (MR) which should be put in writing. You need to state where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. You can start the letter now if you want and then it will be ready to send once the decision is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @beenish I am sorry to hear about the results on you report. There's some information on Citizen Advice website on mandatory reconsideration. We also have a YouTube playlist on this too. Please keep us posted and if you have any questions, please let us know.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.